LOSE UP TO 9 LBS WITH THE 5 DAY APPLE DIET
Apple is one of the best fruits for weight loss. It is full of nutrients including fiber that can keep you full and reduce your appetite causing you to eat fewer calories.
The 5 day apple diet is a simple and easy to follow diet, which detoxifies your body, boosts your metabolic rate and helps you lose weight (about 9 lbs). In terms of calorie intake, this diet is low caloric, counting 1000-1200 calories per day according to Healthy Top 10s. From the nutritional components point of view, it is a relatively balanced diet, including proteins and complex carbohydrates consumption, and significantly reducing fat intake.
The star of this diet is the apple.
This fruit is used in many weight loss diets because it is one of the healthiest fruits, rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is also a good tonic for the nervous system; it helps digestion acting as a laxative, and it doesn’t make you get fat. An apple, depending on the variety and size, has around 80 and 100 calories.
During the diet, you have to drink at least 2 liters of water a day. The other foods from the diet plan should be low fat (low fat cheese, lean meat).
The 5 day apple diet plan includes:
- Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner – Apples (up to 1.5 kg).
- Breakfast: apples;
- Lunch: an apple; a green salad seasoned with lemon and 2 slices of low-fat cheese;
- Dinner: apples.
- Breakfast: an apple; one slice of whole-grain bread and a slice of low-fat turkey bacon;
- Lunch: an apple; a green salad, 2 carrots and a quarter of onion.
- Dinner: apples.
- Breakfast: an apple; one slice of whole-grain bread and a slice of low-fat bacon;
- Lunch: an apple; a salad of boiled vegetables (no potatoes) and 200 g tuna with lemon.
- Dinner: an apple; a bowl with whole-grain cereals and non-fat milk.
- Breakfast: an apple; a boiled egg and a slice of whole-grain bread;
- Lunch: an apple; a raw vegetables salad and 200 g of roasted beef or skinless chicken
- Dinner: apples.
The benefits of the 5 day apple diet:
- The apple diet plan includes common, easy to find and cheap ingredients.
- It helps to sleep well
- For meals of apples only, you can consume any amount of apples.
- The diet plan that is simple and easy to follow.
- The water consumption is encouraged: you should drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- It encourages detoxifying, weight loss and prevents constipation.
The disadvantages of the apple diet:
- In terms of calorie intake, the apple diet it is restrictive, so people following the diet might feel weak and may experience headaches, dizziness, irritability and nervousness.
- It can cause gastric hyperacidity because of the apple consumption.
- Once the diet has ended, people might tend to overeat and put back the lost pounds.
Looking for a cleansing diet? Why not try the Apple cleansing diet?
The apple cleansing diet is a type of cleansing program which revitalizes the body by helping to flush out toxins and giving the digestive system a rest.
The apple is the star of this diet, due to its valuable nutritional properties. A medium size apple has around 80 calories and is a great source of minerals (calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium) and of vitamins (A, B complex, C). It is suitable for a cleansing program because it contains pectin, which helps prevent plaque buildup in blood vessels and cellulose, which helps the digestive system move waste quickly through the intestinal tract by adding bulk.
How long do you have to follow the apple cleansing program?
The apple cleansing program’s main goal is to help your body eliminate toxins and to support you to lose weight. The detox plan should cover a three-day period. You might want to choose the days when you can stay home, because you can experience irritability, fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, abdominal bloating, gas, constipation, and loose bowel movements.
How does the apple cleansing program work?
In the day before beginning the diet, you should have fewer carbohydrates, to give your body a chance to prepare for cleansing program.
During the diet, all you have to do is eat nothing but apples. Even if you cannot eat anything else, you can have as many apples as you want. The substitution of regular meals with apples will quickly decrease your calorie intake while acting as a colon cleanse.
While dieting, you should properly hydrate your body. You can have beverages like water, unsweetened tea and coffee. Do not to consume too much caffeine to avoid digestive troubles.
After the 3 days of detoxification, you might experience difficulties into eating normal foods, so you should avoid fats and heavy foods and choose to eat things like mixed fruits, smoothies, vegetable soup, or steamed vegetables.
Reasons why you should follow an apple cleansing diet
1. You will detoxify your body and you will lose 3-4 lbs in 3 days only.
2. The diet cleanses your colon and improves nutrient absorption – the cellulose from the apples helps detoxify your body sending toxins out and cleaning your system as well as stimulating your digestive tract effectively, relieving constipation and promoting healthy gut flora.
3. The skin of the apples contains pectin, which works as a fat blocker.
4. The flavonoids and other phytochemicals in apples may protect you against cancer of the liver and colon.
5. Apples contain a substantial amount of antioxidants that helps slow down wrinkles on your skin and producing an anti-aging effect that will make you look younger.
6. The diet fights against bad breath and reduces cholesterol levels.
Reason why you shouldn’t follow the apple cleansing program:
1. You cannot follow this diet if you have high blood sugar or other health conditions such as heart, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, or if you are pregnant or lactating; persons with this high blood sugar should try to substitute apple with vegetables like cucumbers, lettuce or tomatoes;
2. There is little clinical evidence to verify the efficacy or the necessity of an apple diet cleansing program;
3. Eating for three days only apple can lower the functionality of your stomach, which makes getting use to normal eating a potential obstacle in your diet, so after the diet, you should eat foods which are easier to digest;
4. From too many apples, some people might experience high levels of acidity in their stomach, followed by a feeling of discomfort. Other negative side effects of the diet are irritability, fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, abdominal bloating, gas, and constipation, if you do not drink enough liquids.
5. You might get bored of eating apples, apples, and apples.
6. Even if it lasts 3 days only, your body will lack other nutritional substances- the apple brings a lot of benefits, but it isn’t a complete food.
This diet works just fine for people who want to flatten their abdomen in a short period of time.
To avoid any unwanted health problems, before beginning any diet you should ask your personal physician or nutritionist for professional advice.