Wondering If Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy Is Safe For You?
Bio-identical hormone therapy is gaining immense interest among people. So, let’s find out what bio-identical therapy actually is. For those, who aren’t familiar with this therapy, it is a therapy to replace hormone deficiencies in women suffering from menopause. This hormone replacement creates an optimum hormonal balance and control menopause symptoms.
You might be wondering if bio-identical hormone therapy or BHRT is suitable for everyone. The answer is yes, as this therapy is designed and tailored keeping in mind the different hormonal levels in individuals. The best part about this therapy is that it is customized in nature. Depending upon the symptoms and hormone requirements in patients, recommended dosage of capsules, cream etc can be customized.
If you are suffering from menopause then it’s good to visit a doctor. Upon visiting the doctor, he will do a thorough check of bio-identical hormones in your body. He will then recommend the right amount of therapy you required to ease your menopause. This entire process of treatment is as follow:
- Deficiencies in hormones in your body are measured by performing a saliva test
- A mix of hormones are provided to you to balance the hormones in your body
- Most of the time estrogen and progesterone hormones will be prescribed to you
- Besides, you might be given other hormones like testosterone and DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) taken out from animal glands
- Your doctor will perform a time-to-time checkup on you to measure if the hormones are balanced in your body after taking medicines
Benefits of bio-identical hormone treatment
There are many benefits of this treatment. Like:
- It reduces the risk of critical medical condition like heart attack, dementia, and osteoporosis
- It relieves the symptoms of menopause and andropause
- It decreases the risk of periodontal and osteoarthritis disease
- It reduces wrinkles and other signs of aging
If you are planning to go for bioidenticals treatment and hesitating thinking if it is safe and risk free then you need not worry at all. However, while opting for treatment, it is advisable to go for bioidentical hormones that have got FDA approval. You can check the labels while taking the capsules, creams or any other form of medicine and find out if they are FDA approved or not.
Nevertheless, if for some reason you want to go for custom compounded bioidentical hormones then visit a clinic and consult a qualified doctor.
Last bit of advice
Avoid getting medicines directly from internet as it can harm you. Never perform the saliva test or blood test on your own and take medicines without consulting a doctor. This can cost you big and you might put your health at big risk.
While consulting your doctor, you should inform him about all your medical history. Before prescribing medicines for menopause, doctor should know if you have any history of cardiovascular disease, breast cancer, or other serious health conditions. Bioidentical hormone medicines are very sensitive in nature and it should be taken only after consulting a doctor.