Why Should You Consider Professional Teeth Whitening?
Your smile is often the first thing people will notice about you. But your teeth color can turn yellow for many reasons and hence affect your smile. That is why dentists offer teeth whitening in Yonkers to help residents maintain a whiter and brighter smile. Kindly schedule an appointment by calling the office or schedule an appointment online.
What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening?
White teeth help a lot in boosting self-esteem as people are confident when smiling. A professional teeth whitening provider ensures that they use high-quality dental bleaching gel that contains a much higher concentration of carbamide peroxide. The bleaching agent is responsible for achieving better whitening results in a shorter period of time. Professional teeth whitening also deals with teeth that are very yellow or deeply stained.
What causes teeth discoloration?
Teeth typically turn yellow as a person gets old. The enamel tends to wear away when a person is chewing. This exposes the teeth to acids from the food and drinks inside the mouth—the yellow color forms on the teeth’ surface.
Other factors contributing to stained teeth
- Excessive Smoking, especially products with tobacco, forms stains on the surface of the teeth. When left for a longer time, the color becomes permanent.
- Poor oral hygiene also may stain individual teeth. A person who avoids brushing teeth regularly will have stained teeth as food remains on the teeth’ surface. If left for a more extended period, they attach themselves permanently.
- Drinking excessive colored beverages may also stain teeth. The beverage colors may stick permanently on the teeth surface, mostly if they regularly consume the colored drinks without brushing their teeth regularly.
- Teeth that are exposed to fluoride may be stained.
- Some medical prescriptions containing tetracycline may also stain the teeth. The tetracycline tends to remain on the teeth surface hence forming plaque.
What are the expectations of teeth whitening?
During the procedure, the clinic specialists do a comprehensive exam of your teeth and review your medical history to come up with the best treatment plan according to your needs. The dentist ensures your oral health is a top priority during treatment and applies a protective barrier over your gums to reduce irritation before applying the bleaching gel to the front surface of your teeth. If your teeth are deeply stained, you may need bleaching treatments.
Before the whitening treatments begin, your dentist should discuss the expectations and the kind of results you would love to achieve with you. While the therapy works differently for each person, the dentist ensures you have achieved eight shades of whiter and brighter teeth.
To sum up what has been discussed above, teeth whitening can help you increase your smile’s brightness. If done by a professional, the process should be safe and effective. Schedule a professional teetth whitening consultation at Yonkers dental arts by calling the office or using their online tools today.