Why Let Your Smile Fade When a Solution is Available for You?
Just like a pandemic, a beautiful smile is very contagious when it is accurate. Few people will give you a beautiful smile if they are shy of showing their awful teeth. It is not a friendly encounter and makes you lose your confidence. Restoring your beautiful smile and maintaining a natural look on your teeth is a brilliant thing. By visiting the Woodland Hills dentist, you can guarantee a great outcome and a beautiful smile that will improve your confidence.
There is a team of knowledgeable and experienced specialists in a specific field of dentistry and are ready to give you a comprehensive and customized treatment based on your needs. Their main aim is to maintain your smile and protect your oral health. Taking care of you and your family and making sure the smile brightens your home permanently. Please book a consultation today by calling their office or through their online platform.
Overview of endodontics
What is an endodontist?
An endodontist is a dental specialist who is highly trained in matters of oral health. Endodontists mainly deal with the inner part of the teeth. They use their techniques to treat root tissues and dental pulp. They make sure to save your natural tooth and relieve your pain.
What does an endodontist do?
In comparison to dentists, endodontists have a higher level of expertise in performing root canal treatment. They diagnose complex pain of the tooth.
They also perform other dental surgeries, including:
- Endodontic retreatment for a root canal that did not heal properly
- Emergency dental surgery by treating severe tooth infections
- Tooth extraction surgery when its tissues are too severely damaged to be saved
- Dental implant to support prosthetics, such as bridges, to restore look and function after a tooth has been removed
- Endodontic surgery to remove the end, or tip, of a tooth’s root
What do endodontists treat?
Endodontists commonly treat the interior part of the tooth that has undergone damage due to the following reasons:
- Tooth decay, such as an untreated cavity
- Tooth injuries due to trauma
- A cracked tooth
- A tooth abscess, a buildup of pus that forms when bacteria get inside your tooth or gums
What is a root canal?
It is a form of treatment where an endodontist removes the injured pulp tissue to relieve pain and prevent bacteria from spreading further.
How is a root canal performed?
Your endodontist does the following during root canal:
- Places a dental dam over your tooth to isolate the affected area and protect your mouth, such as from infection.
- Accesses the pulp tissue of your affected tooth.
- Removes damaged or diseased pulp tissue.
- Cleans the area inside the tooth.
- Fills and seals the tooth.
What are dental implants?
The dental implant is the restoration of a tooth’s natural functioning by replacing its roots. Your dentist puts an artificial root on your jawbone to hold your teeth permanently and independently. Titanium is mostly used as artificial roots.
When your tooth has a problem, your dentist has three options to consider for replacement:
- A complete denture or partial denture
- Fixed dental bridge
- Dental implants
Do not let your smile fade away. Make Couture Smiles Dental Group your friend in all your dental matters. Please book your appointment today by calling their office and let them handle your smile.