When Should You Consult a Doctor for Migraines?
Migraines are chronic pain you experience in your head, focused in one area or widespread. Their severity differs based on their triggers, and sometimes, it can prevent you from carrying out your day-to-day activities and affect your lifestyle.
Migraines are a reasonably common problem and need to be diagnosed to be treated effectively. The doctor may suggest various relief methods such as medication and acupuncture. In Charlotte, migraines can also be treated through non-conventional methods offered, such as ketamine treatment.
Ketamine treatment involves the inhalation of nebulized ketamine. Your body reacts immediately after a single treatment, and it greatly relieves the pain you suffer because of chronic migraines.
Symptoms of Migraines
Sometimes early symptoms can be treated with self-care methods such as better diet, reducing stress, and better sleep. However, even after that, you experience symptoms along with extreme throbbing pain in your head; it is vital to consult a doctor.
- Affected vision- You might experience random flashing lights, blind spots, blurred and double vision, or even temporarily losing your vision. Random lines might also appear in your sight. Additionally, the patient may also experience a dull ache behind the eyes and feel sensitive to light.
- Other sensory changes- Tinnitus is a constant ringing sound you hear in the ears. Your speech might get slurred and incomprehensible, while your usual sense of smell and taste may also feel abnormal. Moreover, the patient may lose their balance and have trouble moving due to a lack of coordination. Tingling or numbness in the body is also common.
- Nausea- An uncomfortable urge to vomit, often accompanied by throwing up, is also a common symptom of migraines. Furthermore, the person feels weakness and dizziness after vomiting.
- Depression- Depression is characterized by long-lasting periods of sadness accompanied by fatigue and loss of appetite, which might be a symptom of an oncoming migraine. This might lead to mood swings and irritability.
What Are the Common Causes of Migraines?
Identifying the reason behind your migraines is essential to treat them:
- Sex. Migraines are more common in women owing to hormonal changes.
- Highly bright lights, loud and sudden noises, and unfamiliar sounds affect your sensory organs.
- Unregulated alcohol usage or smoking.
- Dehydration, unhealthy sleep habits, and a stressful environment.
- Genetics. If your family history has a record of migraines, there are chances it might be passed on to you.
Your ketamine specialist creates a plan catering to the individual needs for the fastest and most lasting results based on your overall health, medical history, and current symptoms. It has a high success rate and works even when most traditional methods fail to treat you.