What Are The Things You Need To Know About Hair Transplants?
Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) is the main reason for hair loss, the best solution for which is hair transplantation surgery. Various other factors such as stress and pollution can add to the condition but only temporarily. This ends up in the patients feeling a lack of confidence in themselves because of the way they look. To solve the issue, most people go for off-the-counter products such as shampoos and conditioners that contain chemicals. However, most of them often face the side-effect of them not working at all and losing more of the hair. That is why often touted as one of the most reliable and permanent solutions to the problem, is considered to be the hair transplant surgery by certified doctors.
So, what is a Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant is a surgical treatment where follicles are taken from the back of the scalp and transplanted to the recipient site, which is suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia. In statistics covered worldwide, it is seen that around fifty per cent of women and sixty per cent of men suffer from some or the other kind of hair loss which has to be addressed.
Types of Transplant
Transplant surgery is done in two different methods, namely; Follicular Unit Transplant, now known as Linear Excision Method and also known as strip harvesting, and Follicular Unit Extraction, and now known as Follicular Unit Excision. The surgeon chooses which procedure would be suitable for the patient. Both results are effective and derive optimum results in the hands of the best hair transplant doctor in India. So, let us get to know more about these techniques one by one:
- FUT: Linear Strip Excision is done from the donor area, followed by a slivering under a microscope to get the follicles in the best possible way.
- FUE: In this method, a low-torque low-RPM standard FUE machine is used to carry on the process.
- FUT+FUE: In cases where the surgeon decides that the patient would derive quicker results, a combination of FUT and FUE is used.
- DHI: In this method, hair is directly taken from the patient’s scalp to create natural-looking results.
- Bio-FUE: Through this technique, regenerative cells from the patients’ blood are infused to the donor site during FUE to result in rapid healing and faster growth rate.
- Bio FUE + DHI: If the surgeon feels that the patient might be benefitted from it, a combination of DHI and Bio-FUE is also used.
- Body Hair Transplant: As part of this technique, donor hair is harvested from the chest, beard, shoulders, arms, and legs and transplanted through an FUE surgery.
- Special Area Transplant: The surgery can also benefit special areas of the body such as beard, eyelashes, armpits, moustache, eyebrows, and the likes.
- Unshaven Hair Transplant: This method is ideal for those who would not want to go for traditional shaven transplantation.
Things You Must Know About the Surgery
Now that you are aware of the various types of transplant surgeries performed, it is time to know a few facts associated with the same. They are:
- The transplanted hair is your natural hair which, after shedding, always grows back.
- The roots, following the shedding, grow naturally for a lifetime.
- The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia and thus is apparently painless.
- Transplant is best and more natural than any other non-surgical hair restoration techniques.
Hair Transplant Surgery – Is it worth it?
If you are comparing off-the-shelf recovery products and wigs with surgery, then definitely a transplant is worth it. Such is not just effective, but if you visit the best hair transplant doctor in India, you would get permanent results as well. It is best to go through a computerized software-based Trichoscopic analysis before undergoing a transplant as it helps in meticulous hair treatment planning.
Factors that Contribute to the Final Cost
While we are on the subject of surgery, let us have a look at the cost distribution of the same. Many people, especially in India, are of the understanding that transplant surgery is among one of the costliest operations. However, hair transplant cost in India depends on several factors.
As the primary factor, the number of grafts to be transplanted which are calculated as the price of each graft along with GST is considered. The final sum is calculated only when the graft harvesting is complete.
Along with this, we consider the experience that the surgeons performing the treatment have. You need to get a thoroughly researched document consisting of the various achievements of the doctors offering the surgery in your area before you consider the final price. It is always suggested that you opt for ABHRS certified doctors to guarantee excellent results. The cost also increases in accordance with the number of grafts, the methods used for the transplant, and the seniority of the surgeon.
If you are looking for a permanent solution to your thinning problems, the ideal option is consulting the best hair transplant doctor in India. Dr Satya Saraswat and Dr Preeti Saraswat of the Saraswat Hospital, Agra are lifetime members of the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) and the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery). The speciality of treatment at the Saraswat Hospital is the use of advanced equipment to derive the best results out of the procedure.
Dr Satya Saraswat is an MBBS, M.Ch, DNB, and MS who has received a Gold Medal from the Honorable Health Minister of India for his outstanding performance and dedication in the field of hair transplant. He has also presented a modified FUT Technique at the 24th World Congress of the ISHRS in October 2016 which had received several praises.
Dr Preeti Saraswat, on the other hand, is a Clinical Cosmetologist from the University of Greifswald, Germany. Known for her advanced medical training especially on laser treatments, Dr Preeti presents a customized trteatment plan for all patients. She specializes in chemical peels, nonablative skin rejuvenation, acne scars, and medical laser hair removal, among other procedures.
Hair loss can be the cause of several setbacks in life. So, the best way to get a head full of hair and restore your confidence level in life is to go for a transplant surgery as it derives excellent results. To book a consultation with experts, dial +91-9258386320 or +91-9690039999.