Turmeric – The Miracle Herb with Over 5600 Peer-Reviewed Medical Studies
Turmeric the next miracle herb
The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries.
Turmeric has been the subject of over 5600 peer-reviewed and published bio medical studies. It is one the most thoroughly researched plants; there has been a five-year long research project on Turmeric. It revealed over 600 potential preventive and therapeutic applications, and 175 beneficial physiological effects.
Cur-cumin is the active ingredient found in turmeric. Turmeric is a natural wonder it has been long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, research has shown it has been beneficial in may health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
Health benefits of turmeric:
- Natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent,
- Turmeric is useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Is a natural liver detoxifier.
- It may help prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease (by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain).
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory. (It works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects).
- Is a natural painkiller
- Helps in weight management by aiding in fat metabolism.
- It has been used as a treatment for depression in Chinese medicine.
- It is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties,
- It speeds up wound healing and assists damaged skin re-modelling.
- Studies have shown Turmeric when it is combined with cauliflower, it showed it prevented prostate cancer and also stopped the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- Turmeric may prevent melanoma and force existing melanoma cells to commit suicide, also it has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
- Also in mice it prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs. Research has shown it Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia, may also reduce the side effects of chemo drugs. Turmeric has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
- Helps with the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Plus there are very promising studies on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
Turmeric is available in pill form in most health food stores, it can be taken in powder or pill form usually in 250-500 mg capsules. Check with the heath practitioner to find out which form would work best for you.
There are many ways turmeric can be added to your every day diet by adding it to recipes.
If you have gallstones or bile obstruction you should not use turmeric, pregnant women have often used turmeric, it is important to consult with a doctor before using it because it can be a uterine stimulant.