Top 5 Medicines For Heart Attack Prevention
Who knows what is waiting for them in the future! Future being unpredictable carries various possibilities which you cannot assume, it can be good, and it can be bad.
Similarly, you can never assume when a serious health issue strikes you unexpectedly.
Talking of heart attack you must know that a person facing heart attack has 50-50 chances of living or dying. Heart attack is one of the most prominent reason for deaths worldwide. There are many reported deaths that occur due to this major health issue.
The chances of survival only depend upon the necessary steps one takes during that condition. The main reason why many people are not able to survive an attack is lack of knowledge among people about how to act in such situations and take proper steps.
Many people believe that men have more chances to face heart attack then women.
The reality is totally opposite, as in recent studies it has been proved that women are more prone to attacks and strokes as compared to men.
What is heart attack?
Heart attack is a condition of medical emergency if there is a sudden blockage in an artery that supplies blood to the heart. The blood clot completely blocks the blood flow to the heart which leads to immense pain in chest. All this happens in a blink of an eye, and a person does not realize what to do and what not to.
There are noticeable signs in a person who is facing heart attack; cold sweat, shortening of breath, lightheadedness or sudden dizziness, fatigue, aching sensation in the chest or arms that may spread to your neck, jaw or back etc.
Age also plays an important role in determining the chances of facing a heart attack. It has been seen that the people in the age group of 45 and above (for men) and 55 and above (for women) are likely to face attacks.
You also need to know about the factors which increase the chance of heart attack.
- Smoking is common among people and some people think that it makes them look cool but they should be aware that it is one of the most common factor which leads a person into facing a heart attack. People who smoke or consume tobacco products are more likely to face heart problems. Employers should strictly ban smoking in their office premises. They can also follow these additional tips to keep their employees healthy.
- High cholesterol level also increases the risk of heart attack. People fond of consuming food items that are high in fats and oil have high blood cholesterol level.This may cause blockage in the arteries which takes blood to the heart.
- Obesity is also a main cause of heart attack. Obesity is a condition in which a person gains excess body fat which welcomes a lot of health problems including heart attack. Obesity comes from high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes. It is very important to take right diet. One can follow these healthy Eating habits to stay fit all the time.
- High blood pressure affects the supply of blood in your body. It may also damage arteries that supply blood to your heart which may further lead to heart attack. One should take steps to control their blood pressure level in order to reduce the chances of heart attack. This can be done by avoiding alcohol, eat minimal salt etc.
- A person with a family history of heart attack has more chances of having an attack with respect to other people. This is because there are chances that health problems faced by a person may be transferred to the next generation.
- Excess stress or anxiety levels may also lead to attacks.
- A fit person is less prone to attacks than the person who is unfit. A person should remain physically active in order to secure him from various types of health issues.
Steps one should take in order to reduce the risk of heart attack:
Heart being one of the most important organs in human body should be taken care of. It doesn’t matter whether you have faced an attack before or not the following points should be followed in order to minimize the chance of heart attack.
Improvement in lifestyle
- Eat a healthy diet containing fruits and vegetables so that you receive proper nutrients.
- Exercise daily and try to do more physical work as it will help you stay fit and active.
- Maintain your body’s cholesterol and blood pressure in a proper level.
- Avoid or minimize smoking and intake of alcohol.
- Do yoga and meditation in order to reduce stress levels.
Development in medical science has led to innovations of new and better medicines to help prevent heart attacks. These medicines help reduce the chance of heart attacks by controlling cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure levels.
- You should only take a medicine when suggested or prescribed by a doctor.
- The prescribed medicines should be consumed in a proper routine as told by the doctor.
- Despite the fact that you start feeling better, you should never stop having medicines until your doctor says you to.
- ‘Health is wealth’. Keep this in mind.
- In case you face any side effects after having the medicines, inform your doctor about the same so that they can change the medication as soon as possible.
- Try not to skip the dosage in order to achieve effectiveness.
- Make sure to have a check on your sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels weekly or monthly. Accordingly take steps which needs to be taken.
There are many medicines which help prevent heart attack but one should only prefer the best ones. Nowadays the medicines can be purchased online without wasting any time and effort. Ecosprin is one of the most recommended medicines by the doctor these days during heart attacks.
Here are top 5 medicines for heart attack prevention:
Aspirin consists of a drug which prevents clotting of blood and maintain free flow of blood in the small arteries surrounding heart. It is also known as blood thinning medicine.
Ecosprin is one of the best medicine suggested by the doctors for heart patients.
The anti-platelet and anti-clotting feature helps in normal flow of blood in arteries
Ecosprin is usually suggested to a person who has already faced an attack.
This medicine has a purpose to lower the LDL Cholesterol level.
Statins is also prescribed to people who have normal cholesterol level but have already faced heart problems like stroke, attack, bypass etc.
Statins is also recommended to people facing high cholesterol which may lead to heart problems in future. Depending upon the cholesterol level of a person the level of dose is prescribed.
Statins helps in stabilizing plaque in arteries and may also lower your triglycerides.
Example of statins medicine is Lescol and Livalo.
- Beta blockers:
In a stressful situation a person may face a rise in adrenaline rush which may lead to a sudden rise in blood pressure. High blood pressure is a factor which triggers chances of heart attack.
Beta blockers play the role of securing you from the effects of stress.
They help in stabilizing blood pressure, further reducing the chance of facing a heart attack.
They are recommended in situations of heart attack, angina, congestive heart failure and abnormal heart rhythms.
Beta blockers make your heart beat slowly, and lower your blood pressure and risk of heart attack.
Example of beta blockers is Zebeta and Betoptic S.
- Antiplatelet medicines:
These medicines are meant to stop formation of blood clots in blood vessels. They can be used with or without aspirin.
A blood clot hinders the blood flow through the vessels to the heart causing chest pain or angina.
These are usually recommended to those who have gone through stent implantation or coronary angioplasty.
Once you are told to have antiplatelet medicines, don’t stop the course until you are told so by the doctor.
Example of antiplatelet medicines is Plavix or Grepid.
- Anticoagulant medicines:
Warfarin is one of the medicine which comes under anticoagulant medicines.
The role of this medicine is to remove the existing blood clot and stop the formation of a new one.
The person consuming this type of medicine needs to have repetitive blood tests and accordingly the right quantity of dose needs to be decided.
Intake of these medicines also depends upon the food you eat. Hence, you must inform your doctor about the same and accordingly he will prescribe you the medicine.
Example of anticoagulant medicine is Coumadin and Marevan.
Heart attack being a serious health issue should not be taken for granted. Especially for those who have already faced an attack and survived.
In case a person faces a heart attack make sure to call the ambulance or take an expert help as soon as possible. All the above mentioned medicines can be taken into consideration. Ecosprin is best amongst these all.
Being a smart person you should take proper care of your health so that risks of facing major health issues reduce.
Having a full body checkup yearly or half yearly is a smart choice. Life in precious take good care of it!