Top 10 CBD Benefits For Skincare and Wellness
CBD is everywhere you look these days, from big-box retailers to convenience stores to department stores. The non-psychoactive compound in the cannabis plant is taking the wellness world by storm, and for good reasons. While much about the plant is still being researched, many recent studies have linked cannabidiol to being able to effectively treat health ailments such as fibromyalgia, anti-aging concerns, menstrual cramps, and even anxiety and depression.
Below, we’ve compiled ten of the most noteworthy ways that CBD can benefit both your skincare and overall wellness routines:
- CBD can cure acne – The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can ease irritation, redness, and swelling on the surface of the skin. Cannabidiol balances skin oil levels and sebum production to control breakouts. Additionally, a 2016 review of the cannabis plant revealed it to have various antibacterial and antifungal effects that help to reduce pollutant-related infections on the skin.
- CBD can be used for anti-aging purposes – Since it comes from a plant, CBD oil obtained from canada weed dispensary is rich in natural antioxidants. CBD anti-aging creams have been proven to lessen wrinkles, correct dull and ruddy skin tones, and counteract other visible signs of aging. Best of all, CBD anti-aging products have become common in the mainstream market and you can even find them at department and big-box stores. Here you can find a medical reviewed CBD capsules guide.
- CBD can soothe sensitive skin – Since CBD has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, it can minimize skin sensitivity issues. The skin-calming properties of cannabidiol can combat redness and reactivity. Those with sensitive skin may want to try out a cannabis seed cleanser to combat redness and sensitivity in the skin. Since all skin types can suffer from pollutants and irritants, skincare products made with CBD oil, and CBD cream can help to keep the skin healthy. You can buy probably the best CBD oil tincture we’ve seen online.
- CBD boosts hydration in the skin – On top of its anti-aging and skin calming properties, CBD can also boost skin moisture. CBD regulates oil production in the skin by working with the sebaceous glands to maintain the oil levels in the skin. Those with dry skin should turn to a CBD-based moisturizer. Most CBD-infused moisturizers on the market are formulated with premier ingredients such as cannabis seed oil, antioxidants, and plant essential oils for maximum hydration.
- CBD can alleviate psoriasis – In addition to alleviating dry and irritated skin, scientific research suggests that CBD can help to treat psoriasis, an autoimmune disease currently affecting nearly 8 million Americans. A study dating back to 2007 was the first to conclude that CBD was one of many cannabinoids that slowed the spread of skin cells involved in psoriatic rashes. Another small study conducted in Italy in 2019 came to a similar conclusion, proving that applying topical CBD products improved the quality of life for those dealing with psoriasis symptoms. Penguin CBD offers various CBD products, you can check them online.
- CBD aids with insomnia – Did you know that an estimated 10% of American adults experience insomnia? Many adults rely on sleeping pills to get rid of their insomnia; however, CBD oil can be useful to alleviate that restless feeling. In a 2019 retrospective case study conducted by the Permanente Journal found that 66% of participants experienced a better night’s sleep after a month of using CBD oil. CBD-infused tea, which has gained widespread popularity in recent years, is a common option used to combat insomnia.
- CBD can relieve chronic pain – Those suffering from chronic pain have found relief in CBD oil. Pain relief is perhaps one of the most known benefits of cannabidiol, ranging from the pain associated with fibromyalgia, menstrual cramps, and even arthritis pain. In their December 2017 study, the journal Pain affirmed CBD’s ability to relieve even the most persistent aches and pains, citing its anti-inflammatory healing properties served as a protectant to both the joints and the nerves. You can buy Lazarus Naturals CBD online and reap outstanding benefits of it.
- CBD has benefits for heart health – The known anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties of cannabidiol may be able to reduce risk factors that lead to heart diseases, such as high blood pressure and stroke. Researchers have found that CBD oil prevents brain damage in stroke victims by promoting brain function and protecting from brain damage. These researchers claim that CBD’s ability to reduce anxiety and stress played a significant role in its ability to make individuals less susceptible to these risk factors. Enjoying a cup of CBD tea before bed or throwing a few drops of CBD oil into a favorite recipe is a great way to keep one’s heart-healthy.
- CBD promotes a healthy weight – While studies have been conducted positively linking CBD oil to weight loss, just taking CBD oil alone will not accomplish this feat unless paired with a proper exercise routine. However, when one microdoses cannabidiol and adopts an exercise routine and maintains an overall healthy lifestyle, CBD works as a “healthy vehicle” to aid with weight loss. Researchers believe that CBD can alter weight gain via CB2 receptors found in the endocannabinoid system.
- CBD reduces anxiety and depression – Mental wellness is just as important as physical wellness. Luckily, CBD can serve as a remedy to both. The Anxiety and Depression Association of America states that depression affects 6% of the US adult population and anxiety affects 18% of American adults, respectively. Nonetheless, research has concluded that cannabidiol can effectively treat both. CBD can reduce depression by increasing serotonin levels in the brain as well as glutamate cortical signaling. The compound can reduce levels of anxiety in people suffering from PTSD, OCD, social anxiety disorder (SAD). Certain cannabis brands even sell CBD-infused gummies specifically formulated to aid with anxiety – a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping your mind and body at ease.
As you can probably gather from its myriad of proven benefits and accessibility, CBD is more than just a wellness fad – it’s a natural health remedy that is here to stay!