The neck and shoulder massage benefits and how to start it
Massage is the oldest healing art known. It is a practice that consists of a set of manual techniques where pressure, tension and movement are applied to the soft tissues of the body. Which includes the muscles, tendons, joints and ligaments. In order to relax these areas. In this article, we are going to show you neck and shoulder massage benefits and how to start it.
Massage has been shown to have positive effects related to healing injuries, stress reduction, pain management, and better circulation. When our muscles have exposed to a lot of effort, they store waste substances that cause pain, inflexibility, and even muscle spasms.
By increasing circulation to and from the muscles, massage activates the elimination of these toxic and harmful substances. At the same time, the massage brings fresh blood and oxygen to the tissues. There are many types of massagers that you can use for neck and shoulder message if you want to reduce pain.
Neck and shoulder massage benefits
The health of our body depends on the health of our cells. The cells in turn depend on an abundant flow of blood and lymph. Among the neck and shoulder massage benefits we can mention:
It is anti-stress, relieves emotional stress, relaxes and relaxes muscles. It increases blood circulation, eliminating waste products accumulated in the bloodstream. At the level of the circulatory system, it reduces the heart rate and lowers blood pressure. The person experiences a feeling of calm and tranquility.
Lessens the pains, when improving the circulation of the blood the nutrients and the oxygen arrive more quickly to the needed zones. Reduces inflammation and improves wound healing. The contact of the specialist’s hand with our body provides comfort. It also regulates and relieves psycho-physical tension.
- It gives greater elasticity to the skin, it becomes smooth and soft. In the digestive system increase gastric secretions, improving stomach and intestinal problems.
- Strengthens the immune system, to have better and greater blood circulation in the body, detoxifies and thanks to it can deal with diseases more effectively.
- Improves blood circulation and lymph flow. This helps carry nutrients to the cells and eliminate impurities and toxic substances.
- Increases the capacity of the blood to transport oxygen. It helps to increase the red and white blood cells.
- It helps to release substances called endorphins that give us a feeling of well-being and help to fight pain.
- When combined with a balanced diet and exercise, massage helps restore the body contour and decrease fat deposits.
- It helps the muscles maintain their flexibility.
- It helps to reduce stress. If we remember that more than two thirds of diseases are related to stress we will realize one of the reasons why massage is so beneficial to health.
Therapeutic massage has proven to be effective as a means to alleviate conditions. Such as, headaches caused by nervous tension and back pain, as well as to improve the condition of the skin.
How to start a good massage session?
After knowing the neck and shoulder massage benefits, choose a good massage session. In principle the place should be quiet, and set for the situation. The person requesting a massage needs a lot of tranquility. It would be good to talk with the therapist about our tastes, if we like a soft music, a special aroma, light should be tenuous above all, and the air-conditioned environment.
The application of heat prior to the session helps increase blood circulation in the muscles. It can be done through an infrared lamp. That would be a means used by a physiotherapist. This heat is applied for a period of 10 to 15 minutes.
The heat produced must be pleasant all the time the application lasts. All people are different, some can tolerate more heat than others. Those with white skin are less resistant and more prone to burns. Attention to these recommendations to avoid unpleasant moments. Then the session starts smoothly and slowly to fully enjoy the benefits offered by massages.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the therapist must increase the pressure or strength of the massage as the patient allows it, never have to perform sudden massages with great force. A contracted muscle needs time to loosen or relax, excessive pressure can then cause more pain and inflammation.
In what cases should we avoid massages?
Burning skins, recent traumatisms, muscle breakage, unhealed wounds, infectious diseases, advanced varicose veins, infectious skin diseases, among others. Always tell the therapist if you have any disease to know if we are able to receive a massage.
It is important to all know the neck and shoulder massage benefits to get rid of neck and shoulder pain. The massages vary from one therapist to another, each practitioner incorporates elements of various techniques and his own personal style.