The Military Diet, in 3 days
The “3-day Diet” or the “Military Diet” is a short term eating plan which promises to help you lose 10 lbs. This diet is suitable for those who want to look perfect for an event and they do not have enough time left to follow a lifestyle changing diet. It is also good for the extremely obese who are experiencing medical problems due to obesity and need a fast solution to solve them.
The name “Military Diet” seems to come from the fact that it was used by military people who followed this diet when they needed to get in shape quickly. Some other names for this 3 days diet are: “Fax diet”, “Navy diet”, “Cleveland Clinic diet”.
This three-day diet is intended to provide a dieter with extreme weight loss in a very short time as long as the eating plan is followed exactly. Weight loss is supposed to come from increased metabolism and lowered calorie intake (700-1000 calories/day).
The Military Diet Plan includes:
- 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and coffee or tea;
- 1/2 cup of tuna, 1 slice of toast, and coffee or tea (caffeinated);
- 3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 cup of green beans, 1/2 banana, 1 small apple, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 egg, 1 slice of toast, and 1/2 banana;
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (Or 1 slice of cheddar cheese), 1 hardboiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers;
- 2 hot dogs, (no buns), 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, and 1 small apple;
- 1 hard-boiled egg, and 1 slice of toast;
- 1 cup of tuna, 1/2 of a banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.
To make sure the diet will be successful, follow the next diet tips:
- Do not vary or substitute any of the above foods.
- Salt and pepper may be used, but do not use any other seasoning.
- Do not overeat after the 3 days of this diet.
- After four days of normal eating, you may start the diet again, so you can lose up to 40 lbs in a month.
- Exercise is recommended.
Reasons that might convince you to follow the Military Diet:
- You can really lose up to 10 pounds (many people tried it before with good results).
- The diet only lasts for three days.
- The diet plan also includes some treats (vanilla ice cream and cheddar cheese), so cravings shouldn’t be much of an issue when following the meal plan.
Facts against the Military Diet:
- The three-day diet does not provide any long-term plan for healthy eating, so the weight loss is going to be temporary unless you put together a long term meal plan for yourself.
- You must follow the menu exactly or it won’t work, so if you don’t like something from the diet eating plan, most probably you won’t get the best results.
- The diet is not scientifically proven. It is not known how the foods in this plan are supposed to rev up your metabolism and get your body to burn more fat. The only true fact is that the diet is low-calorie: 700-1000 calories only.
- Restricting severely calories is not a healthy diet technique; you will experience headaches; your blood sugar level will drop and will make you feel tired and dizzy.
- This diet is a very low calorie diet, so similar to other diets of this type, it carries high risks of side effects, such as gallstones and cardiovascular problems.
Always remember to consult a physician or other medical professional before trying a new diet.
Resources and references: