Normal Testosterone Levels from Steroids Source
Hormones are one of the important driving agents that affects the functionality of our body, from height to growth of bones, pretty much everything is simulated by hormones. A little lower or a little higher amount of hormones could be dangerous for our body. A little or high quantity could cause – depression, poor muscle tone, weak bones, stagnant growth of body, malfunction of organs; the list goes on.
Testosterone is among hormones of utmost importance. Every male or rather, every adult should seek higher level of testosterone. From the age of 25-30, a man’s testosterone levels tend to drop naturally. It can’t be avoided as it’s directly related to obesity, increased risk of diseases and even premature death to an extent.
Besides oestrogen and progesterone (another important hormone in a female body), healthy testosterone levels are a necessity. Given the need of it, people still have lower levels of testosterone and don’t know as to how to regulate the levels.
So, what could be done to achieve an optimum level of it?
- Minimize Stress and Cortisol Levels
Stress in any form is not good to our body’s well-being. Furthermore, stress stimulates the production of Cortisol Hormone which is anti-testosterone i.e. it lowers the testosterone levels in the body. Unnatural elevations in cortisol levels, due to stress or any other issue, could increase the food intake, weight gain and the storage of harmful fat around your organs. Thus, affecting our body badly.
Focus on a balanced diet, exercise regularly, take a good sleep, and avoid peak emotional activities (not laughter or happiness). Following these could improve your health and also increase testosterone levels.
- Exercise Regularly
The best and most effective way to increase the testosterone level is to exercise regularly. A study found that exercise not only regulates hormone level but also fitness and reaction time. Resistance type i.e. weight lifting exercises are pretty effective booster. Along with exercise, caffeine and creatine monohydrate could further boost testosterone level.
- Proper Diet
It’s really necessary for us to have a balanced diet; a diet with proteins, good fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. A proper diet helps in maintaining healthy metabolism and better functioning of body.
- Eat Protein, Fats and Carbs: Eating enough protein will help maintaining healthy levels of hormone and aid in fat loss. Carb intake optimizes testosterone levels during resistance training. Study suggests that intake of good fats are also beneficial for health. A diet based on whole foods is best, balance of fat, protein and carbs. It will optimize not only your hormonal levels but also general health.
- Vitamin D supplement: One of the most important and popular vitamins. It’s said to have natural testosterone boosting tendency and has various health advantages. To reap the maximum benefits of vitamin D, get a regular exposure to sunlight or take around 3,000 IU of a vitamin D3 supplement daily.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplements: Pros of multivitamins are still pretty much controversial but specific vitamins and mineral are very beneficial. Research suggests that Zinc and Vitamin B increased sperm quality by 74% and also boosted zinc and testosterone levels. While other studies suggest that Vitamin A, C and E plays a vital role in synthesis and stimulation of sex hormones and testosterone levels, but it’s still unclear as to what extend they can work.
- Natural Testosterone Booster
There exists a number of supplement or testosterone boosters, but only a few of them are scientifically approved. The main herb which has been most important in all these boosters is Ashwagandha. A study found 17% boost of testosterone in an infertile man and a 167% increase in sperm count. Another study suggests that ashwangandha also lowered cortisol hormone by around 25%, which is medic aid to testosterone.
Another ingredient being used is Ginger, it can boost testosterone and other major sex hormones.
Barrenwort or horny goat weed, Mucuna pruriens, Shilajit and Tongkat Ali are a few of the most popular herbs being used in supplements and testosterone boosters.
- Take A Quality Sleep
Besides all the supplements, a proper diet and maintaining your health, sleep is a highly important factor affecting testosterone levels. The effective amount of sleep varies from person to person, it depends on factors like: occupation, age, gender etc. An experiment suggests that sleeping as less as five hours results in lowered levels of testosterone. Therefore, it is necessary to have a proper and sound sleep.
In conclusion, it is important for one to maintain and balance his testosterone and other hormonal levels. These hormones directly work hand-in-hand with growth of the body and thus, must not be tempered with. Following the tips mentioned above you may achieve the desirable hormonal levels and a peace of mind.