Natural Remedies for Sunburn Relief
In general, symptoms of sunburn takes some time to become visible. The skin gradually becomes red and more sensitive. It is also hot to the touch. After a few days some blisters appear and the skin begin to exfoliate. Other symptoms are: fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, allergic reactions.
Note! The use of contraceptive agents and antibacterial skin soaps predispose to a higher risk of burns after sun exposure.
Remedies to smoothe your skin
* Yogurt: a spread of yogurt relieve the skin’s pain. Leave a substantial layer on that area for 1-2 hrs after this, if possible.
* Aloe vera and vinegar: apply them to the affected area. It stops inflammation and pain;
* Mustard oil : massage the affected area and allow to penetrate into the skin. It removes irritating sensation gathered from excessive heat and redness in the skin;
* Milk: apply it on the skin. It soothes the skin;
* Tomato juice: Tomato juice mix with a little more butter and apply this mixture on the affected area. Allow 25-30 minutes to act;
* Olive oil: Mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and massage the skin. Leave to act for an hour;
* wheat flour mixed with milk, olive oil and barley flour with honey and one egg white. These two compositions are especially suitable for sunburn on the face;
* Cucumber: cut slices and massage affected areas;
* Baking soda: before you dive in the tub, sprinkle a little baking soda in water. It soothes the skin;
* Lavender and peppermint oil: massage your body. It reduces pain and burning sensation;
* Apple cider vinegar: apply it on the skin using a cotton pad;
* Chamomile essential oil: Add a few drops in bath water;
* Ice packs: make sure they are not at -18 degrees Celsius, the optimal temperature is around -5, will melt faster but the idea is not to freeze your skin but to relieve.
* Potatoes: Apply potato slices on the affected areas.
* Lotions with vitamin E applied to the skin reduce itchiness and soreness.
* Products that contain benzocaine, lidocaine and petroleum jelly.
* Lanolin lotions before you expose to the sun.
An additional dietary vitamin E and C
These antioxidants are very beneficial in treating sunburn. So it is advisable to increase the consumption of these two vitamins, as well as the liquid.
Foods to consume: red meat, eggs, fish, fruit, carrots.
Recommendations for the use of protective creams
* According to experts, protective cream should cover all parts of the body, including ears, back, shoulders and back of knees and feet;
* The cream should be applied only on dry skin;