List of Foods Which are Capable of Increasing Brain Power Naturally
When drive, put together your next board presentation, unconsciously hum song in your head or, even while you’re sleeping, your brain continually sees through all of these — and, it doesn’t stop. Your brain is the command center of your body and, although it is already involved in everything that you do or sense around you, your brain is highly trainable that, given the right stimulation and with the help of brain enhancement pills, it can be taught to perform other things.
Top 10 Foods To Enhance Your Brain Power
Teaching your brain to become more efficient and to do more stuff begins with proper brain nutrition which brain enhancement supplements can help you derive but, which you can also obtain from your diet. There are three key functionalities that you want to derive from food which benefits your brain: anti-inflammatory to help fight brain damage and help it better cope with repairs; antioxidants to fight brain aging; brain development and brain memory enhancers to improve brain power; and, essential vitamins and nutrients that help promote better coordination, including more efficient nerve-brain connections.
Below are 10 foods that have also been recognized many times as natural brain enhancers which you can easily incorporate in your diet to promote a healthy brain:–
- Fatty fish : Salmon, mackerel and tuna, to name a few fatty fishes, are loaded with rich amounts of fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory functions. These foods help facilitate healing and repairs in damaged areas of your brain incurred as part of aging, stress, diseases, infections, and other environmental or internal factors that may contribute to the damage.
- Turmeric : Also a favorite component of natural-based brain enhancement pills, this spice has been used for centuries in India for the relief and treatment of a long-list of diseases. It is only beginning to be recognized by modern science for its strong anti-inflammatory properties that it owes to its key component, curcumin. Add spice, flavor, and brain food to your diet by cooking with turmeric.
- Leafy greens : These nutrient dense foods deserve to be on top of your brain health diet. Green, leafy vegetables are also loaded with antioxidants that help your body better fight off free radicals that can damage or even completely destroy your brain cells. Over time, in old age, leafy greens promote better cognition and memory retention.
- Dark Chocolates: Known as memory improving foods, indulge in dark chocolates during mid-terms and you’ll be in good hands. Dark chocolates help you better endure sleepless nights working on your school papers or, your next top-level client presentation, and actually have the energy to keep churning out new ideas to ace your goals.
- Avocados : They don’t taste much taken raw but, these can boost your brain health like no other food can. Avocados do not only have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, these fruits are also loaded with Vitamin K which helps prevent blood clots in the brain, improves synapsis, and enhances brain-body coordination.
- Eggs : Well, don’t just get an egg that has been heavily subjected to hormones and preservatives. Make sure you get the best available organic, hormone-free eggs from free range hens that you can find. Why go through all that hassle? Eggs are among the best brain enhancer foods that you can easily add to your daily diet. Eggs contain choline which your brain processes to make acetylcholine, a critical neurotransmitter that has been linked to memory improvement.
- Grapes : Yes, even red wine, when consumed regularly and in moderation (that is, 1 to 2 wine glasses only) is well-known to significantly improve your brain by delivering the powerful antioxidant uniquely found in grape skin: resveratrol. Of course, if you don’t tolerate alcohol well, you can just take your grapes with the skin or, add it to your salads.
- Coffee : There is, after all, a reason why people feel unable to focus without getting their fill of coffee first thing in the morning. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition in 2014 was able to demonstrate how study subjects who consumed more coffee scored higher in memory tests. Caffeine makes coffee an outstanding example of brain enhancer foods.
Coffee also boosts your body’s antioxidant protection, enhances energy levels, boosts metabolism, and helps you lose excess weight faster. Coffee, however, is best taken in moderation to prevent the side effects posed by stimulants which can be harmful to your nervous system and generally not recommended for people suffering from hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, and other heart conditions.
- Walnuts : Snacking on these seeds helps boost fatty acids that help repair damaged brain and nerve cells. Other than that, it also contains high levels of magnesium and potassium. Magnesium relieves inflammation, regulates neurotransmission, relieves stress, and enhances neuroplasticity Neuroplasticity is a natural brain property that helps reprogram your neurons to perform additional or other functions, such as to makeup for damaged regions of the brain or, to learn new skills. Potassium, on the other hand, improves brain synapses and brain-nerve coordination which enhances brain processing.
- Blueberries : These dark colored berries contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants. Other than delivering protective antioxidant functions that help
fight degenerative brain diseases, blueberries also contain high amounts of Vitamin K which helps prevent blood clots.
In any case, if you are unable to incorporate these foods into your diet daily, taking natural brain enhancement pills can be an option. Read up on Provasil reviews to find out how supplements can help you makeup for nutrients you are unable to obtain from your diet. However, take extra precaution because, although supplements generally do not cause side effects, it can react with medications and supplements that you are currently taking.