Laser Treatment That Treats Varicose Veins Without Surgery!
Over ten million cases of varicose veins are reported every year in India. Around 30 percent of adults are estimated to suffer from this disease. So if your job requires you to sit or stand for 4 to 5 hours continuously then you should be careful. As this is the main reason for developing varicose veins. There are various remedies that can prevent this condition but if luck hasn’t been on your side and you are already suffering from these, then the best treatment you can opt for is laser treatment for varicose veins.
But before going to the treatment, let’s have a look at what varicose veins are. Varicose veins are defined as veins that appear blue or dark purple in color. They also appear twisted and generally occur in the legs. Other than appearing twisted and bulged out, some other symptoms that you might feel are-
- Pain in the legs
- Heaviness in the legs
- Cramps followed by swelling
- Swollen ankle
- Itching in the affected area
- Discoloration of the skin
- Skin in the affected area becomes dry, itchy and red
- Internal bleeding of the veins
Am I At The Risk Of Developing Varicose Veins?
There is no definite cause as to why these develop. But you are at the risk of developing varicose veins if-
- You are The reason being you put more pressure on the veins.
- You have to sit or stand for long hours without any break.
- You have a long history of suffering more varicose veins, then you are more likely to suffer from the same.
- You are over 60 years. This is so because with aging the valves which control the blood flow in the body becomes weak. This causes the blood to flow back in the veins where it gets collected.
- You are pregnant. The reason being the growing uterus puts pressure on the veins.
Hence, watch out for these factors and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Is There Any Way To Prevent Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are easily preventable. You just need to follow some home remedies to keep the disease at bay. The tips that you can try are-
- Exercise on a regular basis. To keep your muscles toned, your blood flowing and your weight under control it is best that you stay fit.
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese. When you keep a check on your weight then you put less pressure on veins of the legs and feet.
- Don’t wear tight clothes as this restricts blood flow in the groins or legs.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long hours without any break. If your job requires you to sit for long hours then stretch and exercise your legs at regular intervals to increase blood circulation. If your job demands you to stand for prolonged hours then consider wearing daily support hose.
- If you are pregnant, avoid sleeping on your back to minimize the pressure from the uterus on the veins in your pelvic area.
These home remedies will only help you prevent the disease, but if it’s already too late and you have already developed them then it is best that you seek medical help immediately. The doctor recommends the most-advanced laser surgery for curing varicose veins.
Laser treatment – permanent solution to varicose veins
You can try other treatment options such as ligation and stripping or radiofrequency ablation for curing varicose veins but these involve at least one incision or cut. This not only incurs major bleeding but also increases the chances of infection. In addition to this, people also get anxious when they hear about surgery.
Laser treatment has emerged as one of the most-advancement treatments that can be offered for patients suffering from varicose veins. If you are someone who gets nervous about hearing surgery, then you’ll be relieved to know that this type of treatment involves absolutely no cuts or incisions and is completely performed under the influence of anesthesia. This greatly reduces any pain felt during the surgery as well as any major blood loss. It is a USDFA- approved procedure with very few chances of any infection. Patients have less pain and bruising after treatment than the conventional surgical procedure. In addition, most people recover faster with laser treatment than traditional varicose vein surgery. Varicose veins tend to appear elsewhere, once the main vein has been treated. The chances of the same vein being affected get lessened with laser treatment than with traditional surgery.
Even if you make lifestyle changes and try to manage the pain, varicose veins might get worse over time. If you leave the condition untreated, they can lead to ulcers or sores on your legs, blood clots and in severe cases, chronic inflammation also. In worst-case scenarios, the vein might even rupture. It is advised that you get checked by a doctor if you feel any of the symptoms of varicose veins.