Joint Pain: Causes and Remedies
Joint Pain can be a minor to a significant issue causing major discomfort even while doing the daily chores. There are various causes of joint pain. Similarly, there are also multiple remedies and treatments available to ease your joint pain.
This blog will help you understand the causes and remedies of joint pain.
What is Joint Pain?
Joint pain is a feeling of discomfort, tingling, or swelling in your joints. Several factors can cause joint pain. Sometimes it can signal an underlying problem that needs to be addressed, but sometimes there are no abnormalities detected. A dependable Holmdel joint pain center can help you overcome your pain and provide proper assistance.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Joint pain can occur for several reasons; damage by arthritis, muscle spasms, or fatigue can cause discomfort, leading to an increase in pain. Muscle spasm is the result of triggering your muscles due to inflammation within your joints, causing severe discomfort. It is common to suffer from muscle spasms after an injury. These can also be caused by the weakening of the muscle due to overuse. Some other causes include injuries, traumatic events in your life, aging, obesity, and even poor posture.
Here is a list of non-arthritic sources of joint pain
- Gout – Caused by hyperuricemia. This can result in inflammation due to the presence of uric acid crystals around joints called gouty arthritis, which causes pain and limited motion in the joint.
- Wrist injuries – These can occur during sports, work, or due to your general lifestyle. A severe trauma (e.g., car crash) can also cause wrist injuries causing joint pain that can be misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis; however, it will subside within the first two weeks after the trauma takes place.
- Ligament sprains – occur when there is sudden damage to the ligaments which connect bones (e.g., during sports). Ligament sprains cause pain and limited motion in the joint.
- Infection – Some certain bacteria and viruses can cause inflammation around the joints.
How is joint pain treated?
If you suffer from joint pains or know somebody who does, here are some remedies that may help reduce your swelling.
- Ice Massage
- Epsom Salts Baths
- Cortisone Injection Therapy
- Heat Therapy
- Herbal Remedies
- Get Moving With Yoga!
- Get Moving With Tai Chi!
- Take Glucosamine Supplements!
For joint pain, consult a doctor to understand the severity. Based on the diagnosis, your doctor will prescribe medicines or suggest a suitable treatment.