Incorporate These 5 Marijuana Recipes For a Healthy Living
These days, living healthily is a challenge. Stores stock more processed, harmful foods than they do natural, organic ones. Almost all food people buy nowadays is actually bad for them, but fortunately, people are fast becoming aware of this fact.
More and more are making conscious decisions to eat healthily, and adding marijuana is a sure-fire way to ingest all of its medical properties.
Without further ado, here are five marijuana recipes every health conscious person should have:
When making marijuana dishes, it is always wise to have some cannabis butter nearby. You can spread it on toast and use it to bake brownies, cookies, and other delights. Cooking with marijuana gives you an opportunity to be creative with food and have fun making it again. This CannaButter recipe is simple, and you can use it in everything, including basting, poultry stuffing, risotto, steak toppings, and sauces.
Implanting a chunk of CannaButter under chicken skin will give it an amazing flavor. It will also infuse it with medical benefits. The same is true of any roasting dishes, and you can add any herbs into the butter that you desire, from Lemon Thyme to Oregano and Basil, Garlic and Chive, or even Cinnamon Sugar. Combinations are practically endless.
It is best to store CannaButter in an airtight jar or container. It will last up to three weeks in the refrigerator or six months to a year in the freezer. It is advisable to wrap it in saran wrap and mold it into the shape you want. As you require pieces, you can simply hack them off and return to the freezer until the next time you need it.
- 7 Rosemary Stalks
- ¾ Cup Whole Sage Leaves
- 60 ml Thyme
- 1 Cup Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove stems from herb leaves.
- Place herbs in a blender and process until finely chopped.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Goats Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes
No kitchen is complete without a go-to recipe for mashed potatoes, particularly on days where spending an hour preparing a side dish is impossible. It is advisable to peel your potatoes first, but it is not an absolute necessity. Mashed potatoes are among the easiest dishes to make. Simply throw them into a pot of boiling water and mash when done.
Adding goat’s cheese, garlic and chives will please your friends and family tremendously, but the addition of cannabis will make it a real treat. All potatoes are suitable for mashing in this recipe, including white potatoes, russet potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes, red potatoes, purple potatoes, and even Kennebec potatoes. Regardless of which potatoes you use, everyone will rave about them.
- 5 Pounds Potatoes
- 10 Ounces Soft Ripened Goats Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 25 Chives
- ½ Cup CannaButter
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock or Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Boil in salted water until fork tender, approximately half an hour to 40 minutes.
- Strain liquid from potatoes.
- Place potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mash well.
- If consistency is not creamy enough, add extra stock or cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
3. Green Marijuana Smoothie
Green smoothies are extremely healthy. This particular recipe contains marijuana-infused honey, and therefore, all the medicinal benefits that both offer. Smoothies are ideal regardless of the time of day, and adding honey to it makes for a very delicious treat guaranteed to kick start your day. For the real health conscious, smoothies make great breakfast accompaniments and daytime snacks.
You can fill up a bottle and take it with you wherever you go, making them very portable for those constantly on the go. This green smoothie is quick to make and you can swop ingredients as desired. Add your favorite leafy greens if you do not enjoy romaine or kale, and you can use pears if you do not enjoy apples overly much. However, kale is rich in calcium, beta-carotene, and vitamins K and C.
- 3 Big Kale Leaves
- 3 Big Romaine Leaves
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Green Apple
- ¼ Cucumber
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cannabis-Infused Honey
- Wash all fruits and vegetables under running water.
- Remove stems from kale leaves.
- Place water, coconut water, romaine and kale into a blender.
- Blend on high for one minute.
- Chop apple and cucumber into medium-sized pieces and add to blender.
- Blend on high for another minute.
- Add lemon juice and peeled banana to the mix and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add marijuana-infused honey to taste just before serving.
4. Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
Brownies may not be the healthiest, but they are good for you in moderation, particularly when they contain all the medical goodness of cannabis. Every kitchen needs a recipe for marijuana brownies, and this one tops it off with a delicious chocolate ganache. Because ganache is a chocolate sauce, you can use it in many different recipes and in many creative ways.
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup CannaButter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 6 ml Baking Powder
- 2 ml Salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Heat butter until melted and set aside to cool.
- Place dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, cooled butter and vanilla together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix slowly.
- Grease 8-inch baking pan.
- Add mixture to baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until ready.
- Remove from pan and allow cooling.
- Decorate with chocolate ganache.
- 8 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- ¾ Cup Full Cream
- 2 Tablespoons CannaButter
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat cream to a simmer.
- Add to CannaButter and chocolate chips.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Spoon over brownies.
5. Braised Lamb Shanks
Shanks are possibly the tastiest part of the lamb. Saliva will run from the taste buds of any meat eaters nearby. It does not matter how you make lamb or what you add to it, family and friends will get excited just knowing lamb is on the menu. Braised lamb shanks are delicious served with side dishes, roasted vegetables, polenta, and mashed potatoes.
Fortunately, lamb shanks are incredibly easy to make. You literally prepare it and forget about it. All you really need to do is sear the lamb, add the necessary liquid and leave it in the oven for two hours. When ready to leave the oven, put the lamb shanks aside. Drain the liquid from it and reduce in a pot. When it reaches a saucy consistency, simply add a tablespoon or two of CannaButter and stir thoroughly.
You can even serve this Lamb Shank recipe with the abovementioned Goats Cheese and Chive Mashed Potatoes. Doing so will ensure a tasty, filling meal packed with the medical goodness of quality marijuana. Your guests will beg for more, so be sure to make enough to feed everyone at least twice over, and then some.
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 4 Thyme Sprigs
- 2 Tablespoons CannaButter
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Remove lamb shanks from packaging, wash under running water, and season with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-ready pan, sear lamb shanks in hot olive oil.
- When seared on each side, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic, carrots, and onions to the pan and cook for five minutes.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and beef stock.
- Place lamb shanks back in the pan and cover with lid.
- Cook in oven for at least two hours.
- When nice and tender, remove pan from oven and lamb shanks from pan again.
- Set lamb shanks aside.
- Reduce remaining liquid into a saucy consistency.
- Add CannaButter and stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
These five recipes are must-haves for cannabis enthusiasts. There are thousands more available online, but with a little creativity, you can create your own marijuana dishes. Any dish will make you high if prepared with a cannabis infusion, such as CannaButter or marijuana-infused olive oil. Remember that raw weed will not work, so prepare your infusions beforehand
Author Bio – John Levy is a blogger for Pot Valet , a leading company to provide online marijuana delivery Salinas CA . He has 5 years of experience in the Cannabis industry and loves sharing health benefits of marijuana and related products. You can follow Pot Valet on Google+ , Twitter and Facebook .