How To Get a Smaller Waist
Truth be told, you are not alone if you would kill to have a waist like Scarlett O’Hara’s. Women all over the world are fighting tooth and nail just to discover what it takes to achieve that whistle-bait waist. We try our hardest to catch that elusive weight loss genie, but our efforts seem to always be in vain.
Here are a few tips on how to get a smaller waist:
- Eat right – Eat healthy and don’t starve yourself. Try to keep sodium intake at a minimum. That big bag of potato chips should just be stashed away in the darkest recesses of your cupboard. Carbonated drinks are also a big no-no, as they almost instantly add on the inches to your waist. When you feel the craving for a slice of decadent chocolate cake, opt for fresh fruits instead. Eating too many sweets tends to take its toll on your waist.
- Dance – Dancing in all its forms exercises all stomach muscles. Do this for 45-60 minutes a day, and you’ll soon be on your way to melting belly fat. It helps to join a dance class, so you’ll know the proper moves.
- Run – Running has always been the best form of cardiovascular exercise, as it burns both calories and fat. Not only is it a chance to show off those new Nike running shoes, but it helps tone the muscles around your stomach, making your waist look trimmer. When you do cardio exercises, you increase your metabolism, so your body burns fat more easily.
- Do abdominal exercises – Lie on your back and lift your upper body as you would in an ordinary sit-up. Bring your body in, letting your left elbow touch your right knee. Return to your starting position, and do the same with the other elbow. Don’t forget to take deep breaths on your way up and down.
- Hydrate – Drinking lots of water throughout the day keeps you hydrated, and also prevents water retention. When your body retains water, you look rounder than you really are.We’re talking about Scarlett O’Hara here, and not Karen Carpenter, it is possible to get that hourglass figure without being anorexic.
What’s important is to keep a healthy body weight which is in proportion to your height. A combination of healthy diet and exercise will help you achieve your weight loss goals. Before you know it, you’ll have your own dashing Rhett Butler falling head over heels for you.