How To Cope With Migraine Effectively
Migraine is said to be an acute headache that starts at some point in the head region. One cannot bear the pain and cannot resist light or even sound. It is very easy to reduce the frequency of migraine attacks by identifying the factors that trigger it. However, if you are unable to identify the actual cause, a migraine diary could be maintained to note down when and how those potential factors lead to headache. The following are some measures to cope with recurrence of migraine.
* It is found that certain over-the-counter medications cause migraine headaches. Hence, it is essential to avoid taking such drugs to prevent the occurrence of migraine headaches.
* Stress is another cause for migraine headaches. Hence, measures have to be taken to overcome stress. Regular practice of meditation and other exercises helps to overcome stress very easily.
* Unhealthy body increases the risk of having frequent migraines. To improve the physical stamina of the body, it is essential to take healthy food and a perfect night sleep. This makes a person capable enough to handle any degree of physical stress.
* Regular practice of breathing exercises and other exercises helps to improve the blood circulation to the brain cells and hence, aids in nourishing the cells as well as eliminating the toxins out of the body. This reduces the occurrence of migraines.
* Being on an empty stomach for a very long time is another cause that triggers migraine headaches. Hence, it is essential to have timely meals and to snack in between meals to reduce the risk of having migraines.
* Smoking is another risk factor for various types of headaches. It is mainly due to the constriction of the blood vessels. It is essential to quit smoking to cope with migraines. Caffeine containing products are also found to exert similar effects.
* Individuals with migraine are very sensitive to light. To reduce the effect of bright day light, it is recommended to use sun glasses whenever you go out in sunlight.
* Smell of strong perfumes triggers the attack of migraines for some people. Hence, if you suffer with migraines, keep yourself away from strong perfumes, chemicals and colognes.
* The onset of the menstrual cycle is another factor that increases the risk of migraine attacks in women. By keeping track of the cycle it is very easy to take preventive measures to prevent migraine attacks.
* It is found that feverfew; an herb helps to reduce and dilate the constricted blood vessels and hence, provides relief from migraines.