How does lack of sleep affect your face?
Sleep is a biological process that helps the body to recover routine damages caused by the works performed all the day. It is very important for you as it helps to recover the stress and prepare for further work. If you don’t sleep properly, your body will face some serious problems. Here, I will discuss the problems that will happen to your skin if you don’t sleep properly.
Skin is a part of your body. It covers the whole body and keeps it safe from eternal problems. So, it also needs some rest. If you don’t sleep properly, your skin will also face problems. The effect of those problems will be seen on your face too. Let’s see what those problems are.
How does less sleep affect your face?
1. Dark circles under the eyes: This is the most common type of problem that happens because of lack of sleep. We all know that lack of sleep is the main reason behind dark circles under the eyes.
When you sleep, the cells of the skin are regenerated and weak skins are made healthier. Besides, the cells become hydrated when you sleep. If you don’t sleep enough, your skin can’t get enough chance and time to regenerate the cells. As a result, there remain a lot of dead cells. As the skin under eyes is relatively thin, the dead cells can be seen easily. We call those dark circles.
2. Skin can’t improve: Your everyday work and other activities create a lot of dead cells. When you sleep, the dead cells are removed and new healthy cells are placed there.
But when you don’t sleep properly, what happens? Lack of sleep negatively affects the process of removing dead cells and replacing healthy cells there. As a result, your skin can’t improve the poor condition that was occurred because of daily activities. If you miss proper sleep regularly, this will keep happening. As a result, your skin will not be nourished properly. The effect will be seen on your face too.
3. Skin becomes dehydrated: When you sleep, the hydration of skin happens. The responsible organisms deliver water to the skin cells. Using that water, the skin remains healthy.
If lack of sleep happens, the task of hydration becomes interrupted. As a result, the skin can’t be properly hydrated. If the skin remains dehydrated for a long time, skin diseases may happen frequently. Besides, you will feel that your face becomes rough. Thus you will get a dull face if you don’t sleep properly.
4. You will look elder than normal: At the time of sleeping, the dead cells become replaced and the weak cells become repaired, I have already said. This process needs deep sleep.
If you don’t sleep properly, this replacement and repair will not happen properly. The left dead cells caused by lack of sleep will make your skin weaker and dull. The same thing will also happen with your face. The skin of your face will become dull. As a result, you will look elder than your original age. This is not expected by you at all.
5. You will develop wrinkles: Who wants to develop wrinkles on the face at an early age? Actually, there is nobody who wants wrinkles on face. If you too don’t want that, please sleep properly besides of eating healthy food.
When you sleep, your skin gets the opportunity of producing new collagen. Collagens are important because it helps to keep your skin strong. The more collagen your skin will produce, the thicker your skin will be. It will help you to avoid wrinkles.
But lack of sleep puts a barrier to produce collagen. So, your skin can’t produce enough collagen to support the skin. As a result, wrinkles start to be developed. You face becomes the first victim of wrinkles.
6. Decreasing beauty: If you are aware of your beauty and want to look beautiful, don’t ever think of sleeping less. Lack of sleep will reduce your beauty and you’ll look dull.
I have already said before that sleep helps to hydrate the cells of your skin. If you don’t sleep properly, the opposite happens. Your skin can’t get enough hydration. As a result, it can’t produce and retain moisture that is very important for the skin.
If the skin can’t preserve moisture, it looks dry and dull. The impact will also be seen on your face. As a result, you will start to lose your beauty if you don’t sleep properly.
7. Increases stress: If you don’t sleep properly, your brain releases stress hormones. If you are under stress and don’t sleep properly, the stress hormones will make you more stressed.
Besides, stress hormone is connected to the breaking down of skin collagens. It breaks down the skin collagen and the ski becomes more dull and dry. You face isn’t safe from the breaking down of collagen. So, you will get a dry, dull and tired face.
Thus, the lack of sleep affects your face very negatively. If you don’t sleep properly, you’ll grow older before time. Besides these skin problems, lack of sleep also affects your body and brain negatively. So, you need proper sleep of at least 7 hours.
How to get a proper sleep
Getting a proper sleep every night is necessary for your body, brain, and skin. Here, I have shown a few ways to have a proper sleep. You will find many more on the internet. Follow these and make a good sleeping habit.
Now, let’s see the ways to get a proper sleep.
1. Try to sleep at the same time every day. Similarly, try to wake up early at the same time.
2. Avoid taking a big meal at night.
3. Use a comfortable mattress for sleeping.
4. Limit the intake of liquid after evening.
5. Limit the intake of caffeine and alcohol.
6. Avoid noisy places to get uninterrupted sleep.
7. Avoid bright lights in bedroom at the time of sleeping.
8. Proper diet will help you to sleep properly.
9. Try to avoid all the tension when you go to sleep.
Maintaining the above things will help you to sleep properly. So, sleep every night properly and let your face glow with joy and beauty.