Health and Beauty in 10 Tips
One time or another, you may have experienced the feeling that no matter what you do to make yourself beautiful outside, there is still something wrong – you feel something different, you feel like something’s missing and that you’re not truly beautiful. Many people that I know experience this awkward feeling, and the reason is that they focus on the outside too much that they forget to nourish their bodies from the inside.
Follow these Top 10 Health Tips in your daily life to stay beautiful on the inside and outside:
1.Follow A Healthy, Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is the first step towards a beautiful, healthy body. Follow a healthy balanced diet that complements your lifestyle. An ideal diet should be high on fiber, low on fat, and must be supplemented with adequate amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables. Besides knowing what to eat, it is equally important to know the right proportions, meaning how much or how little to eat. Talk to a fitness expert and find out what’s your daily calorie intake. Make food choices that have high nutritional value but are low in calories.
2. Eat Different Types Of Foods: According to Ayurveda, the Ancient Indian science of healing, rotating your food habits not only strengthens your immune system, it can also protect you from most illnesses. Try to eat vegetables and fruits of different colors each day. Try eating a different food at least thrice a month. Begin your day with an apple a day as the apple pectin cleanses the body’s digestive system by removing toxins and therefore preventing degenerative health problems such as cancer.
3. Don’t Skip Your Breakfast: According to nutritionists and health experts, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and skipping your breakfast can lead to serious health problems besides adding those extra pounds as a result of binging on unhealthy snacks later in the day. Besides re-charging your energy levels, eating regular breakfast has several long-term benefits like:
* It results in faster weight loss
* Your body get more nutrients everyday
* Breakfast rich in fiber foods and wholegrain helps keep the heart healthy especially if you suffer from metabolic disorders like fluctuating blood pressure, obesity and cholesterol. It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels
* A good breakfast early in the morning sets your mood right and enables you to handle stress better
* You stay overall healthy! So begin your day with fresh fruits, fruit juices, hard-boiled eggs, wholegrain cereals and breads and stay healthy all day!
4. Drink Lots Of Water: Drinking a minimum of 7 to 8 glasses of water everyday cleanses all the impurities and toxins from your body and helps to get healthy, flawless skin. In addition, the fluid in your body is responsible for the functioning of your internal organs including the metabolic processes. So if you’re dehydrated, this whole process gets affected and your body tends to slow down leaving you feeling low and lethargic.
5. Exercise Regularly: Besides making you look sexy and popular, regular exercising is also the best natural “anti-aging” recipe because it helps you stay and feel young by raising your energy levels, stabilizing your body weight, and enhancing flexibility, which reduces the wear and tear in your body. Remember, your external fitness is only a reflection of your inner fitness and a beautiful, healthy body reflects a fit, healthy mind.
6. Quit Smoking: While smoking may have been related to an increase in metabolism, it is certainly not a good enough reason to substitute it with the huge risk of dying from lung cancer. Recent studies have proved that smoking is also one of the leading factors that stimulate the process of aging in both men and women. So say no to cigarettes and stay young and healthy for the rest of your life.
7. Say No To Stress: Leading a relaxed, stress-free life will not only reduce the risks of health related disorders, it will also calm you down and let you enjoy your life better.
8. Take Care Of Your Teeth: Dental health is an important aspect of your overall heath. One of the best ways to have healthy teeth, prevent gum-related infections and protect your heart is by flossing your teeth every day. Few of us know that gum infections if left untreated can cause inflammatory reactions in the body, which can lead to stroke and heart ailments.
9. Sleep Well: A good 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a must for our body to reboot itself and feel energetic next day. Lack of sleep affects our hormone levels and slows down metabolism often resulting in weight gain. Studies have shown that deep, uninterrupted sleep helps cell growth and cell repair, which can increase the metabolism and help in burning calories. If you suffer from sleeplessness, try some of these simple remedies:
* Avoid alcohol before going to bed
* Stay away from stimulants like coffee, tea and chocolates before going to sleep
* Regularize your sleeping habit
* Keep your bedroom clean and uncluttered; Use decors and furnishing with peaceful and soothing colors
* Avoid taking longer daytime naps
* Follow relaxation techniques (for ex-meditation) to reduce stress
10. Keep Your Brain Active: Keeping your mind in “good shape” is just as vital as taking care of your physical health, so be sure to indulge your brain on a daily basis. Try some of these activities to keep your mind active and free from boredom:
* Learn to play a new musical instrument
* Learn a new language
* Indulge in crossword puzzles
* Play scrabble with a friend
* Participate in discussions and forums
* Maintain a blog and update it daily
* Switch careers or make a new beginning
* Read books on unfamiliar topics
* Pursue a new hobby
* Stay aware about what’s going on in the world