Going To Be a Mommy? Dietitian in Raleigh Will Make Sure You Stay Slim and Fit
Pregnancy is the most beautiful stage in a women’s life. She changes physically and mentally to welcome the new member of the family. Carrying a little soul within her is a great responsibility. Unless you follow a healthy diet with along appropriate physical exercises the baby would not be healthy you as you expect.
For the growth and development of the baby nutrients are essential. Some important nutrients are folate (folic acid), iron, and calcium along with omega-3 fats. Here are some ways to include these nutrients in your diet:
- Calorie intake can be increased by eating healthy food combinations like apple and cheese or yogurt and fresh fruit or hummus with vegetable stew as your daily snack.
- Being rich in Vitamin B, folic acid will reduce the risk of birth defect like neural tube defect. Hence, eating foods rich in folate is a must in pregnancy.
- Apart from eating foods like lentils, dried beans, sunflower seeds, peanuts etc, take multivitamin supplements to increase folate level in body.
- Fruits like papaya, avocado and vegetables like broccoli, spinach, Brussels are also good source of folate.
- To meet iron needs, consuming cooked mussels, oysters, beef and lamb would be good.
- Iron is essential to build new blood cells and helps them carry oxygen, which both mom and baby need. Thus, eating pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, dark leafy greens with citrus or tropical fruit or bell peppers should be included in your diet.
- Calcium needs can be met by having milk and its alternatives everyday.
- Fatty fish like Salmon, mackerel and fishes low in mercury are ideal to meet omega -3 fat needs.
- Omega -3 fat needs are important for baby’s eye and brain development. So eating walnuts, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, soy products and canola oil would be a better choice.
Following a balanced nutritious diet during pregnancy is an unavoidable factor, as it plays a crucial role in the health of both mother and baby. So, make sure you observe the above tips given by some of the reputed dietitians.
Once your mind and body is all set to welcome your little heart to home, the next thing you should plan is to prepare yourselves before they enter the new world. So, all the mommies here get ready to make your adorable ones a healthy champ!