Food Lovers Fat Diet or “Eat all your favorite foods, at every meal and reduce your waistline”
The Food Lovers Fat Loss System seems to be like the ideal weight loss diet because you can eat the foods you love, as long as you correctly pair them. The diet was developed by the certified nutritionist Robert Ferguson from the Provida Company.
“Eat all your favorite foods, at every meal and reduce your waistline” is the Food Lovers Diet motto. It sounds promising and contradictory at the same time.
The weight loss diet plan starts with the 21 Day Metabolism Makeover, followed by the Food Lovers for Life long-term maintenance diet plan.
The diet teaches interested people how to combine the proteins with specific types of carbs in order to speed up their metabolism and start burning more fats. The preferred type of carbohydrates is the slow ones, which are metabolized slower without spikes in blood sugar and insulin. The secret is to combine these carbs with lean proteins to blunt the effect on blood sugars and insulin. When the carb consumption is moderate and associated with protein consumption, the insulin is kept under control and the fat deposition is not promoted anymore.
The diet starts with the 21-day Metabolism Makeover. The book “Diet-Free For Life” and the “Metabolism Makeover” audio CD of Dr. Robert provide to the dieters all the necessary information about the foods they can eat, about the way they have to exercise and think to optimize metabolism.
During the first 21 days, for each day, the diet plan unveils strategies to help dieters develop healthy lifestyle habits that support long-term weight loss. The meals included in the plan contain about 15 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs. There are 3 meals and snacks at every 2 or 3 hours, but they have to contain only the foods approved by the diet plan, in proper quantities. Total calories vary but are never less than 1,200 for women and 1,500 for men.
There are three versions of food combination allowed:
- Version A: 1 protein +1 fast carb + 1 slow carb;
- Version B: 1 protein +3 slow carbs;
- Version C: 1 protein and 1 fast carb.
The foods that can be eaten during the Metabolism Makeover stage include:
- Lean protein: pork tenderloin, sirloin steak, extra lean ground beef, skinless poultry breast, fish, low-fat dairy, and eggs
- Fast carbs: pasta, couscous, potatoes, bagels, English muffins, rolls, blueberries, cherries, grapes, apples, and dried fruits
- Slow carbs: artichokes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, eggplant, asparagus, squash, berries, lemons, limes, and legumes
- Free carbs: bok choi, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, onions, chili peppers, lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, spinach, and sprouts
- Fats: butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, bacon, sausage, light salad dressing, nuts and seeds.
The foods forbidden are:
- White, bleached, and enriched flours;
- Alcohol; soda;
Saturated fats; trans fats; partially hydrogenated oils;
- High fructose corn syrup and other sugars;
- Foods high in sodium;
- Processed foods.
The water consumption should be of 12 8-ounce glasses of water daily, plus 8 ounces for each 20 minutes of exercise. Limited amounts of coffee, tea, diet drinks, and club soda are allowed.
The physical exercise is an important part of the weight loss plan, and the R. Fergurson’s site provides materials for this aspect of the diet, too.
The maintenance plan is a five-week and it is a little more liberal. The emphasis is on developing healthy eating habits for life. Alcohol, refined flour, sugar, and fried foods are allowed in this phase but are strongly discouraged.
Food Lovers Diet Tips:
- Keeping a food, water and exercise log;
- Do not skip breakfast.
- Choose healthy fats.
- Drink lots of water.
- Get enough sleep.
Pro Food Lovers Diet:
- The Food Lovers Fat Loss System is a healthy calorie and portion-controlled plan.
- Dieters can enjoy their favorite foods, even if only in small quantities.
- The meal plan appears balanced and sustainable long-term.
- If you learn how to choose the right foods and eat them regularly, weight loss should be easier.
- Eating the right food combinations will keep you full and satisfied.
- “DIET-FREE FOR LIFE. A Revolutionary Food, Fitness, and Mindset Makeover to Maximize Fat Loss”, Robert Ferguson, MS, CN;
- “Metabolism Makeover” Audio CD, Robert Ferguson, MS, CN;