1200 Calorie Diet or The Weekend Diet
It’s a true fact that weight gain is more likely to occur during weekend days relative to weekdays, due to both higher dietary intake and lower physical activity. Most of us are 0.077 kg heavier after weekends. Even if it might seem insignificant related to a weekly basis, this rate of weight gain could result in an annual increase of 4.0 kg, if we keep the same eating habits throughout the year.
A successful way to keep these 4 kg away is the weekend diet. This diet recommends a 1200 calories diet plan which fights the weekend weight gain and preserves the weekdays’ weight loss. Since most of us spend our weekends with our family and friends, it is usually pretty hard to follow a meal plan which indicates specific foods and quantities, so we should try to eat what we want, but counting calories and following the general rules of healthy eating.
There’s a sample of a 1200 calories daily plan:
- 1 cup (60 g) of breakfast cereals ( 230 calories) with 200 ml skim milk (85 calories)
- Black Coffee or Herbal Tea (0)
- 1 Slices Whole Wheat Bread (100 calories)
- 1/2 Cup Tuna (in water ) (90 calories)
- 1 Salad (1 small tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1 cup lettuce) with 1 teaspoon 1/2 tbsp olive oil. (100)
- 100g skinless chicken breast prepared in griller. (120 calories)
- 1/2 Cup cooked Brown Rice (110 calories)
- 1 cup of boiled vegetables (baby carrots, broccoli) (100 calories).
Snack options: 1 apple (100 calories), carrot batons with extra-light mayo dip (65 calories)/1 pear/1 small baked potato/1 cup of blueberries (85 calories)/1 small light yogurt (100 calories) / 1 cereal bar(100 calories)/1 small salad/1 hardboiled egg (70 calories) etc.
If we decide to go out, 100 ml of wine has 83 calories, a flute of champagne – 90 calories and Double vodka and slim line tonic costs us 100 calories.
For those who do not go to the gym during weekends, remember that cleaning your house (dusting, scrubbing, ironing, washing, vacuuming, cooking, sweeping, mopping) can help you burn on average 200 calories per hour. The best way to keep the weekend fat away!