Fight the process of aging with some enjoyable foods
To keep your features young and attractive, you will have to try consuming a LOT of fruits and vegetables high in flavonoids and carotenoids, two powerful plant-based antioxidants. These antioxidants will remove the free radicals from the skin and body fighting premature aging.
Look what you should try to keep some of your features young:
- No more wrinkles with blueberries – These fruits contain a lot of antioxidants which fight the free radicals that cause wrinkles.
- Beans for healthier and thicker hair – Due to their protein content they make the hair’s fibers stronger.
- Cranberries for whiter teeth- The flavonoids in cranberry juice counteract the damaging effects of bacteria that cause plaque, yellow teeth, and decay.
- Want to have youthful-looking, shiny hair? Eat more carrots! This vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin A, an essential nutrient for a healthy and shinny scalp.
- Slow down the skin’s aging process with Brazil nuts – They contain selenium, a powerful mineral that aids in the production of the antioxidant Glutathione. This mineral repairs cell damage and slows down the aging process.
- Grapes for a healthy heart – The dark skin and the seeds of black/red grapes are rich in polyphenols, a type of antioxidant that includes Resveratrol. This substance keeps your heart young.
- Stop the sun damages and keep way the cancer with some cod – Fish is great for your health, but cod is especially good for its anti-aging properties.
- An amazing skin with cucumbers – The silica in the peel of the cucumbers helps reduce wrinkles and boost collagen.
- More energy with eggs! This super-food has a lot of proteins, a nutrient which gives you lots of energy. Eggs are also rich in iron and biotin, which help keep your skin and hair healthy and full.
- Lycopene from tomatoes to prevent heart disease, elevated cholesterol and cancer – Lycopene acts as natural sun block, preventing the UV damage that causes sun spots, dryness and wrinkles. Remember to cook tomatoes for the maximum anti-aging effect.
- Lower LDL cholesterol with some oatmeal each morning – Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber which reduces LDL cholesterol (the “bad” kind).
- Encourage the growth of the new skin cell with some Romaine Lettuce – This leafy green vegetable is high in vitamin A, which helps revitalize skin by increasing cell turnover and encouraging new skin cell growth. All you have to do is eat 6 leaves to your salad or as a side with dinner for your daily allowance of vitamin A.
- Tuna to keep your brain and your skin younger – Tuna contains omega-3 fatty acids that fight UV-related cell damage and are a rich source of niacin, a deficiency of which causes skin rashes.