Exercises for Brazilian Gluteal Muscles – Firmer and Sexier Butt
Head to toe, front and back, the image matters. And an important part of it is a nice shapely butt.
The most recommended exercises are:
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms at sides, toes turned out.
- Tuck tailbone under and contract glutes.
- Lower body into a plié squat as low as you can go without allowing knees to creep past toes.
- Simultaneously raise arms to shoulder height in front of body, palms down. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to starting position.
- After 20 reps, pulse at the bottom for 20 seconds.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward.
- Squat down until knees are bent 90 degrees.
- Step left leg back into a deep reverse lunge, placing right hand along outside of right thigh or touching the floor.
- Raise left hand in front of face, palm facing out.
- Return to starting position and repeat, alternating sides.
3. Explosive Lunge
- Lunge forward with left leg until knee is bent 90 degrees, directly over ankle, right knee pointing toward floor.
- Jump up, pushing off the floor with both feet. Switch legs in midair, landing with right foot forward in a lunge. Continue alternating sides.
4. Single-Leg Squat with Towel
- Stand with feet together, toes pointed forward, arms at sides with right foot on top of a small folded towel.
- Shifting weight to left leg, bend left knee 45 to 90 degrees while sliding right leg and towel slowly out to the side as far as is comfortable for a count of 4.
- Slowly draw right leg back to start for a count of 4 while straightening left leg.
- Repeat for 30 seconds; switch sides.
5. Squat with Kick-Back
- Stand with legs shoulder-width apart, arms at sides.
- Sit back into a squat keeping weight on heels, then lift right leg straight behind you, keeping hips pointing forward while extending arms.
- Return to start and switch sides.
Walking, running, hiking are also recommended physical activities for a firm butt.