Dopamine and Its Role in Boosting the Mood
Dopamine is a type of chemical present in the human brain. The primary functions of dopamine are to regulate the sensitivity, memory, inspiration, temper, devotion, as well as learning of an individual. Apart from that, dopamine also helps in decision making and sleep regulation.
Under normal circumstances, it is seen that the nervous system of a person manages the production of dopamine very effectively. But due to various lifestyle factors as well as certain medical conditions, the level of dopamine can be reduced.
When the level of dopamine becomes low, people suffer from loss of pleasure in those things that they once found enjoyable. Apart from that, people also suffer from a lack of motivation, apathy, depression, anxiety, etc. During such a condition, it becomes highly essential to get a natural mood supplement that can increase the level of dopamine and help in boosting the mood.
Various Dopamine supplements for boosting your mood
The following are some essential dopamine supplements that help in boosting the mood of a person:
- Probiotics: Probiotics are microorganisms that are mainly present in the digestive tract. These microorganisms are also known as good gut bacteria that help your body to function properly. Probiotics help in increasing the production of dopamine, which can boost the mood of a person. Apart from that, people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) also get a huge relief due to probiotics.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps in keeping the body and mind healthy. Deficiency of magnesium can also decrease the level of dopamine, which can increase the risk of depression. Supplement of magnesium can boost the level of dopamine, which can produce an antidepressant effect. Thus, if magnesium is not present in the diet in a sufficient amount, then it should be taken as a supplement which will certainly help in enhancing the mood.
- Mucuna Pruriens: Mucuna Pruriens is a tropical bean which is mainly found in Africa, India, and Southern China. These types of beans are generally processed into dried powder and sold as dopamine supplements. One of the major compounds found in Mucuna Pruriens is an amino acid which is also called Levodopa. Mucuna Pruriens also helps in boosting the level of dopamine, which can enhance your mood.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Ginkgo Biloba is a type of plant which is mainly found in China. It is used for the remedy of various health conditions such as improving your mental performance, the functioning of your brain, and enhancing your mood.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D has enough roles in our body, and one major function of Vitamin D is to increase the level of dopamine. That is the reason why a deficiency of Vitamin D can cause various mental and behavioral problems such as sleeping problems, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Curcumin: Curcumin is an active ingredient that is mostly found in turmeric. It is available in the market in various forms such as capsule, powdered as well as tea extract. It can increase the release of dopamine, which actually acts as an antidepressant effect, and thereby, it can enhance the mood of a person.
- Oregano Oil: Oregano Oil consists of various antioxidants as well as antibacterial properties. It helps in promoting the production of dopamine. Deterioration of dopamine can cause several behavioral effects, including depression and mood swings. Thus, Oregano Oil helps in enhancing the mood of a person.
Hence, dopamine can influence several brain-related functions such as mood, motivation, and memory. In case of deficiency of dopamine, it becomes highly essential to take it as a supplement which will help in enhancing mood or other mental and behavioral related diseases.