Diet for Detoxification
Detoxification, or detox for short is the removal of toxic substances from the body.
Certain approaches in alternative medicine claim to remove toxins from the body through herbal, electrical or electromagnetic treatments. It may be confusing to know which products are good and which ones are false. Therapies include contrast showers, detoxification foot pads, detox foot bath, ionic foot bath, oil pulling, Gerson therapy, snake-stones, body cleansing, Scientology’s Purification Rundown, water fasting, and metabolic therapy.
Among these novel techniques to become healthier, detox recipes are becoming increasingly renowned. They are abnormally sought after by persons who don’t have time to do exercise, but who would like to get rid of the toxins in their body.
Detox recipes are given by many health specialists. Certain diets have an underlying assumption that the body accumulates toxins that must be removed, especially after periods of over-eating or the consumption of non-nutritious and processed foods.
If you are considering detox recipes as a choice for ridding your body the toxins, here are some useful tips:
1. Detox recipes will include their nutritional values.
These include number of calories, as well as aggregates of vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, etc. This will let you to see that you are getting all the nutritional elements that your body requires.
2. A lot of detox recipes will also recommend a good number of supplement or products to take.
These might be pills, or teas, or anything in between. You might wish to check the ingredients of these products. Some of them are simple and organic and they will pose no problem. Others will have chemicals and you must decide how much you trust the person that is prescribing them before taking them.
3. Ask the experience of people you trust and who have followed such recipes.
Since these people care for you and are not entranced in any commission or profit, they are probably the most reliable source you can have regarding detox recipes.
4. Don’t forget that detox recipes are not meant to be taken permanently.
The detoxification of the body should not take more than a few days, and then normal eating habits should be taken. Of course, try to keep good eating habits and you won’t have to go through a detoxification procedure as oftentimes.
5. Consume foods totaling to 1,500 calories a day. If you weigh more than 200 pounds, increase this number up to 1,700 calories by adding a single 200-calorie snack or two 100 calorie snacks. You can also choose to increase your protein serving at lunch and dinner to 4 ounces.
6. Eat every 4 hours. If you wait longer than 4 hours before eating, your blood sugar and energy levels will decrease and it will leave you more vulnerable to making poor eating choices. Eat a 400-calorie breakfast, 300-calorie lunch, and 500-calorie dinner plus a snack worth 100 to 200 calories.
7. Have 3 ounces of protein for lunch and dinner. Watch the snacks you’re eating. Eat healthy snacks like vegetable and fruit slices instead of grabbing a bagel or hitting the vending machines.
8. Stay hydrated by choosing calorie-free beverages like water, sparkling water, herbal or black tea and coffee but limit your caffeinated drinks to only two per day. Getting hydrated will help keep your metabolism in high gear.