De-puff with this Ancient Beauty Secret
Maybe you were a little naughty today. You might have had that margarita you swore you wouldn’t drink. Or you might have binge-watched the latest episodes of your favorite series. It’s okay – we’ve all been there. However, as you get ready in the morning, you realize that your skin will bear the consequences of your bad decisions.
Enter the jade facial roller – a gift from the Chinese. This tool is a beauty secret the wealthy Chinese women of seventh century China have passed down from generation to generation. Now, it is here to help you get rid of the puffiness in your skin.
What is a Jade Roller?
A jade roller is an ancient beauty tool made of an oblong piece of jade, attached to a handle. Think paint rollers. Jade is believed to have protective powers, thus, it is widely used by the Chinese. It imitates the sensation of a professional masseuse’s cold hands massaging your skin.
However, many jade rollers in the market are made of plastic instead of authentic jade. It is best to research about a store’s credibility prior to purchasing your items. Be careful in choosing what you will buy.
What does the Jade Roller do?
The jade facial roller is used primarily to stimulate the lymphatic system into action. The lymphatic system is the group of organs and glands that are responsible for drainage of toxins from the body.
Here are the benefits you can get from using a jade roller:
- It helps relieve puffiness. As the lymphatic system is activated, excess water that was accumulated in your face can be drained properly.
- It improves skin elasticity. The jade roller can be used to decrease fine lines and wrinkles.
- It increases the absorption of your beauty products. The massaging motions done when you’re using the jade roller helps your skin absorb more of the skin care products you are using.
- It tightens pores. The natural cool temperature of the jade stone tightens your pores. You can even put the jade roller inside the fridge to increase this effect.
- It brightens your complexion. The jade roller increases blood circulation, which means blood will be delivered properly to the skin surface. This gets rid of dullness, and brightens the complexion.
How to Use the Jade Roller
You can incorporate the jade roller to your skin care routine anytime. You can use it before bed time as you do your nightly rituals, or in the morning for that quick pick-me-up.
Prior to using the jade roller, you need to clean your face first. Start at the center of the face, moving upwards and outwards towards the hairline. Keep rolling the jade roller down to your chin area towards the chin. Finally, work your way starting from the center of the neck towards the center of the collar bones.
A few minutes of using the jade facial roller has a lot of great benefits, including achieving a bright glow. For best results, you can put on your moisturizers before massaging to make the most out of your facial roller. Try it now to get rid of that post-margarita bloat!