Certified Neurology and Sleep Specialists in Virginia
Integrated Neurology Services PLLC is devoted to ensuring that residents of Virginia lead healthy lives. The practice offers quality diagnosis and treatment for neurological conditions in Falls Church, Reston, Lorton, and Alexandria, Virginia. As a one-stop-shop, you may visit the practice for a wide array of services from a certified and experienced team. To meet a board-certified physician or a board certified family nurse practitioner in Falls Church, VA, call or book an appointment online today.
Services Offered at Integrated Neurology Services PLLC
Board-certified nurse practitioners like Donna Michelle Smith can help your get services like:
- Infusion suite. Infusions introduce medicine directly into your bloodstream for optimal absorption. Your physicians at Integrated Neurology Services consider specific symptoms and health needs to determine your eligibility and draft a fully personalized treatment plan.
- Migraine. Integrated Neurology Services uses a neurological and physical exam, reviews your medical history, and runs tests like the MRI to determine the extent of your symptoms. Your treatment may include prevention and rescue medications or advanced migraine therapy.
- Pain management. Integrated Neurology Services offers interventional pain management for chronic pain in case conventional treatment options come short. The team uses advanced image-guided procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain.
- Neuropathy. Neuropathy affects the peripheral nervous system if untreated. Integrated Neurology Services runs a diagnosis involving a review of your medical history and symptoms to determine the damage’s extent. Your treatment plan is fully customized for optimal results.
- Dementia. Dementia is diagnosed through physical exams and a review of your medical history. Neurological, neuropsychological, and cognitive tests are ideal for determining your symptoms. Your treatment includes prescribed therapy, medication, and non-drug therapies.
- Stroke. It is best to seek immediate attention if you’re battling ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, or transient ischemic attack. Integrated Neurology Services evaluates your symptoms and drafts a fully customized treatment plan accounting for individual differences.
- Movement disorders. Common types of movement disorder include dystonia and spasticity. Integrated Neurology Services uses fully customized treatment plans to target underlying causal agents, the severity of your symptoms, and age. Treatment consists of intravenous infusions, oral medication, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
- Multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis affects the spinal cord and optic nerves. Symptoms tend to vary from one person to the next. Your treatment may comprise oral treatments, infusion medication, injectable medication, and other disease-modifying therapies.
- Neuromuscular disease. You may visit Integrated Neurology Services for muscular dystrophy, Charcot-Marie-tooth disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or spinal muscular atrophy. Your treatment is based on your symptoms and health needs.
- Cerebral palsy. One may have athetoid cerebral palsy, spastic cerebral palsy, ataxic cerebral palsy, or mixed cerebral palsy. Your treatment plan may include conservative measures or selective dorsal rhizotomy ideal for separating overactive nerves.
- Electromyography (EMG). An EMG is ideal for helping your doctor diagnose muscle and nerve dysfunction to identify conditions like herniated discs, neuropathy, radiculopathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or muscular dystrophy.
- Epilepsy. Epilepsy includes neurological disorders that may cause abnormal electrical activity in the brain or seizures. Your physician performs a neurological exam, reviews your medical history and symptoms to determine the best treatment options.
- Sleep disorders. Sleep disorders may manifest as narcolepsy, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, and other disorders. Diagnostic sleep tests include positive airway pressure titration study, nap studies, and home sleep study. Your treatment plan is fully customized to treat your sleep disorder.
- Autoimmune disorders. Symptoms of autoimmune disorders include fever, fatigue, malaise, and joint pain. Treatment includes nutritional supplements, physical therapy, corticosteroids, and immunosuppressants based on your specific symptoms and health needs.
- Concussion. A concussion affects your brain cells and life’s quality. The practice assesses your hearing, vision, balance, reflexes, and strength. Your treatment plan is delivered through relevant medication, physical, and mental rest.
If you need advanced neurological services in Virginia, you can trust Integrated Neurology Services for your needs. Call the practice or book an appointment via online platforms to receive a fully customized plan accounting for your health needs and symptoms.