Cabbage Soup Diet
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- mushrooms (10 oz. or so)
- cabbage- half a head
- 1 package spice only soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon
- Season to taste with pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc : avoid salt as much as possible.
These are the ingredients for the miracle cabbage soup. All you have to do is slice, chop or mince them, boil them with tomato juice and water (12 cups), and the soup is done and perfect to make you lose weight.
The soup can be eaten all over the day as much as you want, because there are only 10.5 calories in 100 ml (3 oz.), so you don’t have to worry about calories intake. Usually the diet with cabbage soup lasts 7 days.
The daily plan of this diet includes:
- Day 1: Cabbage soup, plus all the fruit you want, except bananas.
- Day 2: Cabbage soup, plus all the low-calorie vegetables you want, except potatoes.
- Day 3: Cabbage soup, plus all the fruit you want, except bananas.
- Day 4: Cabbage soup, plus two bananas, and 1 glass of cultured milk foods.
- Day 5: Cabbage soup plus boiled or stewed beef.
- Day 6: Cabbage soup plus boiled or stewed chicken.
- Day 7: Cabbage soup and two baked potatoes.
Using 7 day cabbage soup diet you can lose up to 10 lbs in a week, because it is a low-calorie diet- 800-1,200 calorie per day. You can follow the diet for seven days without feeling too hungry, because the vegetables from the soup contain a lot of fibers that can stop the high calorie cravings.
Tips for a Successful cabbage soup diet
- Follow the diet plan as mentioned above.
- Drink each day at least 4 glasses of water or unsweetened herbal tea.
- Complement the diet with a quality daily multi-vitamin.
- Eat plenty of soup!
- Add different spices to liven up the soup and add variety and make it taste better.
The ADVANTAGES of this diet are as follows:
- You can eat as much as cabbage soup as you want throughout the diet;
- Because of the soup’s composition, you will not be left feeling hungry;
- This soup will not strip meat from your diet, since you will still be allowed to eat beef during the diet;
- The diet only lasts for seven days.
The DISADVANTAGES regarding the cabbage soup diet are:
- It is not meant for a long term diet, so if you need to lose more weight you should look for a different diet;
- The diet does not guarantee lifelong results;
- The diet restricts other types of drinks other than water or unsweetened juices
- The cabbage soup diet attacks your muscles and you end up losing precious muscle tissue;
- You may feel low on energy levels throughout the die, because the daily intake is of 800 – 1200 calories.
- You might get bored of cabbage soup.
- The diet lacks the vitamins and minerals necessary for the preservation of a healthy body.
To avoid any unwanted health problems, before beginning any diet you should ask your personal physician or nutritionist for professional advice.