Baked Fish and Chips And Baked Mushrooms Stuffed-With Cheese
Fish and chips are usually served or wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease after frying it. This fish and chips recipe will cut the calories from frying by baking the fish and the sliced potatoes. You can serve this with coleslaw and lemon or lime wedges.
Canola or olive oil cooking spray, 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (cleaned and cut into wedges), 4 teaspoons canola oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, 2 cups cornflakes, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 large egg whites, 1 pound Pacific cod or haddock (cut into 4 portions)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set wire rack on another large baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
2. Drizzle potato wedges with olive oil and season with ¾ tsp. Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Spread on the baking sheet and bake, turning every 10 minutes, until golden brown for about 30 to 35 minutes.
3. Coarsely grind cornflakes in a food processor and transfer to a shallow dish. Prepare flour mixture by combining flour, Cajun seasoning and salt in another shallow dish. Place the beaten egg whites on another shallow dish.
4. Dredge fish in the flour mixture, dip it in egg white and then coat all sides with ground cornflakes. Place on the prepared wire rack and coat both sides of the fish with cooking spray.
5. Bake the fish for about 20 minutes on the upper oven rack.
As a garnish for fish, you should try this easy and delicious stuffed mushroom recipe is definitely healthy and low in calories. Each serving (4 mushrooms) contains only 175 calories. Use Pecorino Romano cheese because it complements the bread crumbs.
28 large white mushrooms (stemmed), 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, 1/2 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Pecorino cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, mint, parsley and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon the cheese and breadcrumb mixture into the cavities of the mushroom and arrange them in a large baking sheet drizzled with olive oil.
4. Drizzle more olive oil on top of the mushrooms and bake for about 25 minutes until the golden brown.
This menu must be served warm while if its cools, it losing its taste and the quality of its nutrients fade. Also a glass of red wine will do just fine to your diet, it will gear up your blood and will normalize the insulin levels. But remember : just one single glass of wine ! Bon Appétit !