Bach Flowers Therapy in the Vibrational Medicine
“Health depends on being in harmony with our souls”.
Dr. Edward Bach
The Bach Flower Remedies is a therapeutic method categorized under vibrational medicine which consists of a 38 Flower Remedies system created by the English physician Edward Bach to correct emotional imbalances. Each remedy is a correcting vibration for a state of mind that has to be rebalanced. Replacing the negative vibrations with positive vibrations allows the body to respond naturally with better health.
The 38 remedies are: Agrimony, Aspen, Beech, Centaury, Cerato, Cherry Plum, Chestnut Bud, Chicory, Clematis, Crab Apple, Elm, Gentian, Gorse, Heather, Holly, Honeysuckle, Hornbeam, Impatiens, Larch, Mimulus, Mustard, Oak, Olive, Pine, Red Chestnut, Rock Rose, Rock Water, Scleranthus, Star of Bethlehem, Sweet Chestnut, Vervain, Vine, Walnut, Water Violet, White Chestnut, Wild oat, Wild Rose, Willow.
Prepare your Own Bach Flower Remedy
There are two methods to prepare Bach Remedies: the sun method (for delicate flowers) and the boiling method (for woodier plants).
The Sun Method:
- Take a 12 ounces clear glass bowl and place it outside on the ground, next to the flower that you are interested in. Choose organically raised flowers or wildflowers.
- Fill the bowl with pure water (you can use good quality spring water).
- With some stainless-steel tweezers, pick parts of the plant (petals or flowers) and cover the whole surface of the water them. Pick one species of flowers at a time.
- Leave the water and flowers in the sunshine for three hours to solarize your flower essence.
- Prepare several cobalt blue or amber dropper bottles. Fill them halfway with brandy.
- Remove the flowers out of the water using the tweezers and add pour the water in the dropper bottles. Fill them up, seal them and label them. You can include on the label the date when the essence was prepared. It is also recommended to write on the label a positive affirmation like “LOVE” or “PEACE” etc.
- What you have now in the bottles is a mother tincture. Potentize the essences by shaking or hitting the bottom of the bottle against the heel of your hand in increments of eight shakes or firm taps.
The sun method is recommended to obtain essences from: Agrimony, Centaury, Cerato, Chicory, Clematis, Gentian, Gorse, Heather, Impatiens, Mimulus, Oak, Olive, Rock Rose, Rock Water, Scleranthus, Wild Oat, Vervain, Vine, Water Violet, White Chestnut Blossom.
The Boiling Method
- Boil the flowering parts of the plant (picked without touching them directly with your hands) for half an hour in pure water.
- Strain off the fluid; pour it into bottles until half filled, and add brandy as in the sun method to fill up the bottle and preserve.
Both methods use the heat to transfer the energy of the flowers to the water.
How to use the Bach Flower Remedies
Put two drops of potentized mother tincture in another dropper bottle filled. Add one ounce spring water and one teaspoon brandy and mix them. Brandy can be replaced with vegetable glycerine or with apple cider vinegar. You can combine up to 6 or 7 Remedies in a treatment bottle.
From this mixture you take 4 drops, 4 times a day until you feel better. If one day you feel worse than usual, you can add 2-4 drops of a remedy in a glass of pure water and drink it with small sips throughout the day until you feel better. You can also put 4 drops directly in your mouth as a Rescue Remedy (as often as needed).
When using Bach Remedies positive affirmations can be spoken aloud. Try to visualize the energy of the essences like waves of colors.
Bach Remedies and their Addressability
1. Fear: Aspen, Cherry Plum, Red Chestnut, Rock Rose, Mimulus;
2. Uncertainty: Cerato, Scleranthus, Gentian, Gorse, Hornbeam, Wild Oat;
3. Not sufficient interest in present circumstances: Clematis, Honeysuckle, Wild Rose, Olive, White Chestnut, Mustard, Chestnut bud;
4. Loneliness: Water Violet, Impatiens, Heather;
5. Over- sensitive to influences and ideas: Agrimony, Centaury, Walnut, Holly;
6. Despondency or despair: Larch, Pine, Elm, Sweet Chestnut, Star of Bethlehem, Willow, Oak, Crab Apple,
7. Over care for welfare of others: Chicory,Vervain, Vine, Beech, Rock Water.
BACH FLOWERS REMEDIES OR ANY OTHER FLOWER ESSENCES THERAPY DOES NOT REPLACE QUALIFIED MEDICAL ATTENTION OR PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS.
- The 12 Healers and Other Remedies- dr. Edward Bach;