5 Types Of Massage Therapies To Try At A Spa!
After a long and tiring week, you deserve some pampering and care. A visit to the nearest med spa for a massage can be rewarding. Massage therapy is not just about feeling better. The right kind of massage can reduce stress, enhance blood circulation, help manage chronic pain, and eliminate toxins from the body. Massages can also help you sleep better and reduce fatigue. If you check online for the best-rated Pearland massage & spa centers, you may feel surprised with the diverse options. Below is an overview of the different types of massages you can consider.
- Swedish massage. This type of massage focuses on the entire body and lasts for about 60-90 minutes. The massage therapist will use a lot of long strokes and kneading to get rid of muscle knots. If you have never been to a spa and want to try something light and calming, this is the message you need.
- Hot stone massage. As the name suggests, this type of massage relies on heated stones. The massage techniques are not very different from a Swedish massage, but you can expect to relax better. A hot stone massage is ideal for improving blood flow and reducing muscle pain and tension. The session can last for 90 minutes.
- Deep tissue massage. If you have chronic body pain, muscle fatigue, and soreness, this could be the option for you. Deep tissue massage relies on high pressure using fingers to release tension from the body. Think of this massage as a step ahead of the standard Swedish massage.
- Reflexology. A lot of people don’t enjoy a full-body massage. Reflexology could be an excellent alternative to them. The massage focuses on the legs and hands and lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour. You can be dressed during the session.
- Thai massage. A Thai massage is genuinely different from the other types of massages you may have tried. The therapist will do a lot of stretching exercises and apply pressure to reduce pain and fatigue. If you want more flexibility and don’t want a standard relaxing massage, a Thai massage could be a great choice. One session takes about 60 minutes, and you are expected to participate.
There are also other options like Balinese massage, chair massage, and aromatherapy massage. If you are unsure of the choices, ask the staff at a med spa to explain all massage therapies they offer with benefits.
How often can you get a massage?
If you are just looking to relax and unwind, you can go for a massage anytime you would like. Ideally, it is best to take monthly massages, although you can go weekly or once every fortnight. For those who have chronic pain, stress, and muscle tension, it is best to go for frequent sessions as recommended by the therapist.
Make sure that you are not in a rush when you step into the spa. A typical massage session can last for about 60 minutes, and you may need time for sauna and add-on services.