5 Impeccable Health Benefits of Jogging
Over the years, many fad exercises have come up and they have got a sizeable number of followers too but nothing can topple the place held by jogging in overall maintenance of our wellbeing. It’s one of the best natural exercises we can perform on a regular basis. The best part of jogging is that if you don’t have money to buy a treadmill, you can start jogging on an open road. Let’s now have a look over a few merits of jogging.
1. Improved Cardiovascular Fitness: This is amongst the top most benefits of jogging. It refers to an efficient functioning of our heart, vascular system and lungs. They act as components for the regular flow of blood throughout our body. According to a recent blog post published by Aviva Health, 1-2.5 hours of jogging per week can increase average life expectancy of a person by 5-6 years. Regular jogging improves the lungs capacity, which results in the increase of breaths per minute. The hindsight of all these points is that the overall functioning of our body increases by many times due to improved cardiovascular fitness. Apart from this, the chance of health ailments also reduces considerably.
2. Lower blood Pressure: Majority of people today are suffering from high blood pressure, also popularly known as hypertension. Many factors are responsible for high blood pressure but it’s the stress which constitutes to a major part of this problem. If you happen to jog regularly, then you can gradually curb the side effects of stress and bring your blood pressure level down. As the blood pressure lowers, you can notice improvement in the functioning of your heart.
3. Increased Good Cholesterol: There are basically two forms of cholesterols in our body naming high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL). If you jog regularly, then it promotes creation of HDL cholesterol which would help in cleaning away LDL cholesterol from your body. HDL is responsible for maintaining the overall cholesterol levels in our body because it deals with cleaning up LDL cholesterol which is also known as bad cholesterol. If you don’t have a control over LDL in your body, then it can result to serious ailments in the long run.
4. Improved Mental Fitness: If you always wanted to improve the functioning of your brain, then here’s a free tip, run. This may sound ridiculous but regular jogging can not only have positive impact on your physical health but mental health too. There’s no doubt that you can miraculously change your shape and physical appearance by jogging but what if you were told you can improve your mental fitness through jogging. Jogging directly impacts on the increased flow of oxygen in our body and brain just like any other part of body functions well if proper amount of oxygen reaches there. Jogging causes release of endorphins which results in a sense of well-being and overall happiness.
5. Improved Endurance: As mentioned above, the flow of oxygen has many positive impacts on our body and it certainly includes increase in our endurance power. With greater endurance, you can perform various tasks easily. Moreover, your capacity to perform tasks would also increase considerably, all thanks to jogging. Therefore, whether you’re 7 or 70, jogging will have positive impact on your body.