4 Delicious Chicken Receipes
Chicken And Pasta Salad With Curry Dressing
This recipe is definitely healthy, easy and quick to make. This pasta salad is also great for barbecue parties and is sure to impress the crowd.
12 ounces large whole-wheat pasta shells, 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise,1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream, 1/3 cup mango chutney, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground cayenne pepper, 2 cups poached chicken (cut into 1-inch pieces), 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped scallions, 1/2 cup diced celery, salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
2. Toast almonds in a dry skillet over low heat for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. On the same pan, toast the curry powder for 30 seconds and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney, turmeric, cinnamon and ground pepper in the bowl with the toasted curry powder.
4. Combine the chicken, raisins, scallions, celery and pasta in a large bowl. Add the curry dressing and toss to coat. Adjust the taste by adding some salt, pepper and ground red pepper. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Chicken And Snow Pea Salad
This Chicken salad has a nice crunchy texture and sweet taste because of the snow peas. Combine the 2 ingredients together by coating them with a creamy Asian dressing.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed, 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil(divided), 2 tablespoons tahini or cashew butter, 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1 pound snow peas (trimmed and thinly slivered lengthwise), 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
1. Boil chicken with the broth in a medium skillet. Cover and reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and shred into bite size pieces.
2. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and tahini in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the peas and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until peas are bright green.
4. Combine all the ingredients together and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped cashews.
Chicken & Asparagus with Melted Gruyere
This elegant and yummy chicken recipe is sprinkled with Gruyere cheese. Add tarragon and lemon to add a delicious light and refreshing flavor that goes well with asparagus.
8 ounces asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces), 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (trimmed), 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1 tablespoon canola oil, 1 thinly sliced shallot, 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 2/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1. Steam asparagus for 3 minutes and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine broth and 2 teaspoons of flour.
3. In a shallow dish, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Add shallots and the reserved broth mixture on the same pan. Cook over medium heat until thick. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in sour cream, tarragon, lemon juice, and the asparagus. Return chicken in the pan and turn to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top of chicken and cook for another 2 minutes until cheese melts.
Chicken Breasts With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Chicken is a good source of protein. Chicken has a great taste, healthy, low fat and is easy and versatile to cook with. Try this chicken recipe with a yummy mushroom cream sauce. Just add a little bit of cream to masking the delicate flavors of the chicken.
2 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed and tenders removed), 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon canola oil, 1 medium shallot (minced), 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps, 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, turning once, for 12 to 16 minutes until brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan.
3. On the same pan, add the shallots and cook for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until tender. Pour in the vermouth or white wine for 1 minute (scrape up any browned bits). Pour in broth and cook until half reduced for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cream and chives and simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for another minute.