3 Ways to Cut Calories and Lose Weight Fast
If you want to lose weight fast, you need to cut calories. For every 500 calories you cut every day, you lose 1 pound. What should be done to lose these daily 500 calories?
1. Cut Your Carb Servings in Half
It is not absolutely necessary to follow a low-carb, high-protein Atkins-like diet—or the currently trendy Dukan Diet, but you should eat half of the bread, or the rice or the pasta, you’d normally have. You should replace them with some extra veggies to fill you up. You can also try whole grains, which generally contain more fiber, and will also help you feel fuller for longer.
2. Eat a salad for lunch every day
This dish can be one of the healthiest meals you can eat. The perfect salad contains just the right combination of nutritious vegetables and filling protein. On the other hand, the imperfect salad can ruin your plan of losing weight. It doesn’t matter if the salad mostly consists of green salad, as long as the topping put on it adds hundreds of extra calories and unnecessary grams of sugar and fat, transforming your meal from power lunch to flab trap.
Here’s how your salad should look like:
- Salad Base: Iceberg lettuce, spinach, mixed greens, or Romaine salad;
- Vegetable topping: green peppers, beets, red or yellow peppers, broccoli, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, and/or carrots.
- Protein topping: hard-boiled eggs, avocado, chicken, chickpeas, or tuna.
- Dressing: oil and vinegar or vinaigrettes.
- Cheese Topping: feta cheese or a little blue cheese.
When it is perfect, the salad keeps you full with just a few calories.
3. Eat Every 3 or 4 Hours
To lose weight, you have to cut calories. To cut calories, you’ll have to eat less. If you will eat less, you might get hungry sooner. To avoid the hunger sensation, it is important to spread the food and the meals out so that you don’t get too hungry. You will have to keep in mind that the more frequently you eat, the lower in calories your snack should be. Good choices: an apple and a few almonds or some raw veggies with a few tablespoons of hummus.
Good luck with your weight loss diet!